• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

nice 94 xj for sale (sorry so long)lots of pics

INI SLDR

NAXJA Member #1347
Let me tell you it is with great sorrow that I have to sell this Jeep. I am moving to AK and the trailer I have to tow grew from 2500lbs to over 4500lbs. No matter how much money I spend on this rig it won't tow that much weight safely. This is my fourth Jeep and my 2nd Cherokee so it won't be the last. Anyway... here goes.

Let me run down the list of mods and then I'll hit the lows which there are only a few.

exterior-ds.jpg

-25,000 miles on the 4.6 stroker with Kieth Black pistons and Cliffords cam. Since this Jeep is an automatic I used the light 258 crank shaft b/c stalling out was a non issue.
-oil pressure around 20 idle 40 cruise
-Hesco high flow thermostat housing
-Hesco high flow fuel regulator
-flowcooler water pump
-3 row radiator
-flex-a-light 110 electric fan
-bored out throttle body
-EVERY sensor on the engine replaced
-Borla stainless steel header
-gibson high flow exhaust
-MORE motor mounts (which I just installed last month)
-AC converted to OBA with an air filter, oiler, oil filter solenoid and distribution block from Kilby, the solenoid is not wired at the moment, I pressurized the system for a leakdown test and it passed, just never wired it
-distributor replaced when motor rebuilt
-internal snorkel- if you look in the picture of the engine bay you can see a black 4" pipe capped of sticking out of the firewall. This leads to the glove box. I sized the air filter just right so that I can remove the filter from the engine side, flip the elbow over and after removing the cap route it to the glove box. I think I can do it in about 3 minutes. Just plan for your crossings.
-remote dual oil filters with magnets
internal-snokel.jpg

Rear axle
-6500 miles since rebuild
-removed, ground free of all rust and painted
-rear disc conversion using dealer supplied 95zj parts including the calipers, dust shields, parking brake parts and caliper brake lines etc
-new updated trac loc limited slip
-4.56 gears
-MORE shock relocation brakets ( uninstalled but included )
rear-axle-pinion.jpg

Front Axle
-less than 1000 miles on new parts
-new Truetrac gear driven limited slip
-new carrier bearings, axle seals
-new axle ujoints
-new front calipers in last 10,000 miles
-fresh brakes including rotors and pads
front-axle.jpg

Transfer case
-NP 231J
-6500 miles on complete rebuild
-JB Conversions supplied rebuild kit and Slip yoke eliminator

231.jpg

Suspension
-5000 miles on suspension and tires
-3.5 RE super ride with full leaf pack and new shocks
-tires are 33x9.5x15 BFG All Terrains
rear-right-brake.jpg

Body
-trimmed fenders and removed flares
-I cut sheet metal and installed it in place of the oem fender liner. No pool noodles here.
-all fender wells and underbody sprayed with 3M rubberized undercoating
-repaired all the rust I could find, the only place I did not get was under the gas tank but I did not see anything to alarming
inside-front-fender-rear.jpg

inside-front-fender.jpg

-rear quarter panels cut and folded
driver-quarter-panel.jpg

-all trimming/cutting/folding was sealed with 25 year black siliconized sealant
-very clean body with a few nicks and dings but nothing you would not expect to find on a 12 year old truck
-removed the roof rack but it is included in the sale

Interior
-the carpet up front is as old as the motor, no major stains no tears etc
-headliner had some unidentified stain and it started flapping in the breeze so I tossed it
-rear carpet removed in exchange for a roll in bed liner
-had planned on cabinets for the back but now it getting sold so...
-now for the lows-
-the column mounted starter switch is fading so I installed a push button, no big deal
-the stereo does not play cd's but the radio works and its actually a decent unit with working remote ( never was much of a stereo guy )
-the catalytic converter is dying I can here it rattling, had a price of 89.00 dollars, just never did it.
-no front driveshaft. If you noticed in the pictures I am using the front ds in the rear and have been since I did the transfer case rebuild. I tested the front axle with the shaft from the rear and everything works fine I just don't have two front shafts.
-the back driver side door will not open. I don't have back seats so I never fixed it.
- the transfer case is leaking from a bad o-ring on the output housing shift rod inspection bolt. Its just a drip or two and everytime I check the fluid its still topped off so its not a bad leak and I consider it a good reason to get under there and keep an eye on everything. This will be repaired so it will not be an issue by the weeks end.
-windshield has 2 stars and an 8" half moon crack on passenger side, priced at 239.00 to replace.

As you can tell from the pictures this is a very clean Jeep. You may laugh but I am 100% honest in saying that this Jeep has not been off road since I started building it. Sure I did some wheenie wheeling with it but nothing more than fire roads. I just havent had the time and since I don't have a second front driveshaft I would not get very far.

I had planned on rock rails bumpers and some interior mods but it just was not meant to be. I had a blast building it so maybe somebody will enjoy driving it.

The trans shifts flawlessly and I flushed it a couple of times in a row just for fun but never a single problem. Added a cooler for towing.

195,000 miles on odometer.
-power windows and door locks all work ( except left rear door)
-manual mirrors
-manual seats
-keyless entry ( I don't have the remote though )
-the hatch stays up on its own
-tow hitch

I will negotiate because time is of the essence but please be reasonable. I have about $12,000 in parts, labor and my initial purchase price.

These spare parts are included with the truck:
-transmission ( complete less converter )
-transfer case parts
-alternator
-ac compressor
-spare computers for engine and tranny
-6" kc daylighters
-fullsize spare on steel rim ( 235 metric size )
-roof rack
-rear weld on shock mounts for more clearance
-I am sure theres more I just can't think of them but those are the biggies

This truck gets about 16 in the city and 20 highway. Scoff all you want those are real numbers and off course they go in the toilet if you feel like having any fun! A pure joy on the highway with plenty of power. Cruise rpm 65mph is around 2500.

If I remember something I will post up and if there are any questions don't be shy, I will photograph anything you want.

$4800.00 thanks for looking

i think it's a very reasonable price, looks very clean and well kept.
good luck.

dayum! wanna trade up for an 95?? j/k very nice ride. looks like you know what your doing, hope it goes to someone with as much "knowhow"! :thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks for the compliments, moving to Ak to see it before its gone. Lived in almost every state on the east coast, life of a gypsy I guess. I like seeing new places and meeting new people. After living here in the swamp of Williamsburg for five years, its time to go!!!

Ok, my house just went under contract so this Jeep has got to go. I'll take under 4000.00!!!

I'm sure this baby will be gone fast,, its a steal at that price.. wish wife would let me have it but not with a newborn at home..

This Jeep is still available and I have shipping quotes across the country for around 700.00 which I would figure into the price...

I have decided to list on e-bay even though it almost certainly means a major loss. Reserve will be set at 2800.00. I absolutely have got to sell this truck. I am almost giving it away for just the parts alone. The lift, both limited slips, regearing and the transfer case cost this much, let alone the engine and tires, headers, rear discs etc....

Re: nice 94 xj for sje (sorBp so loa)lots ` pics

Thp Jdep (p still`vailable. Its got to go!!!

I just want to keep this post updated and the Jeep is still for sale and my moving date is almost here, the house is sold!!!

I have not had any good offers and so its off to e-bay:
Item number: 330005457880

Back