• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5 Lift from a TJ - Will the front swap over to an XJ?

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
Hi, I did a search and just about went blind reading all the posts, so sorry if this has been asked before. I currently have a 97 TJ with the RE 3.5" lift installed, Front Adj Track Bar and JKS Quik Disco's. I just bought a 2001 XJ and I am selling the TJ then my plans are to lift the XJ.

So my question is, can I take the front end components from the TJ lift (LCA's, Adj Track Bar and JKS Disco's) and use them on the XJ? I have been told the front Suspension is the same on an XJ as it is a TJ.

Then all I would have to buy is Leaf Packs for the rear.

What do you think?

I believe the suspension is the same, other than the springs. The front ones will give 1" less than advertised for your xj. I believe that's how it works out.

I done a few XJ's now with TJ suspension and it depends a lot if the TJ springs were HD ones or not and if you are running a heavy bumper and winch on the XJ. I have got the same lift from TJ HD springs when the XJ did not have the extra weight up front. Used the shocks etc as well but do measure the compressed length of them to make sure they compress to the same length as the stock XJ shock. I had to add a hockey puck to one so I could run them as they were 20mm longer when compressed.

Back