• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pick N Pull

Twisted_Dakota

NAXJA Forum User
There is about a 80% chance I am going back to the pick n pull off 121 and haltom rd. Let me know if you need anything and I will keep an eye out for it and possibly pull it. If anyone wants to meet me out there let me know as well.

Text me at 817-917-2132
Evan.

when you going? I've been planning to make it down there for a while.

I have been twice since i made the thread.... I will be going out either tomorrow or Friday again... they have a few 85'-96's and I believe only 1 or 2 97'-01's. I am contemplating pulling the steering box out of one of their durangos but they want $80.00 for it. I already got another front drive shaft and another sound bar. Next i will be pulling axle shafts.

Ok so since it has rained today I will probably be going Saturday afternoon.

Hey Evan, my '86 needs a hood striker (the lil metal loop that hangs off the hood and catches the latch). I also need the air induction pipes off the exhaust manifolds. If I can get the thing streetable, I might be able to justify keeping it. If think about it, would you check the '85 to see what motor it has? Please?

Hey Evan, my '86 needs a hood striker (the lil metal loop that hangs off the hood and catches the latch). I also need the air induction pipes off the exhaust manifolds. If I can get the thing streetable, I might be able to justify keeping it. If think about it, would you check the '85 to see what motor it has? Please?

Will do. text me everything you want me to look for and I will check.

Now there's an essay question!

I need the air induction pipes off the exhaust manifolds on a V6 (3-into-1 pipes that go up)...and the valves that attach to them. S10, Camaro, Firebird, Troopers, and about 8 million other vehicles used the damn 2.8L motor I'm not sure why I can't find these pipes and valves CHEAPLY.

I need the hood striker.

After that the stuff I need will have to come from later model XJ's and other vehicles (like a front drive shaft and front yoke from a 231).

there are plenty of front yokes at the pick n pull but not many front shafts.... Show me a pic of the air induction pipes you need, because there are quite a few camaros, and s10's out there as well.

They look kinda like this:

getimage.php

They are on both sides of the motor. I have neither. Nor do I have any of the hoses or valves that connect to them.

I appreciate you taking a look while you're there man!

MM,
Looks like you could just fab those "Pipes" up? Looks like everyday tubing and fittings.

Don't know about the 86 year, but my 85 hood striker/latch assy is different from the 87 and newer models! I forget what the difference is exactly, I just remember thinking I need to find an 85 for parts someday before my hood latch part dies.

Okay I dont want to get flammed on here but did you see any yj out there?

(used to have xj but daughter wrecked it)

Ran across your daughters Jeep at the local P&P recently, still hanging in there as a doaner!

Engine is still going strong! Did you know the manifold bolts were loose when we bought it?

MM,
Looks like you could just fab those "Pipes" up? Looks like everyday tubing and fittings.

Don't know about the 86 year, but my 85 hood striker/latch assy is different from the 87 and newer models! I forget what the difference is exactly, I just remember thinking I need to find an 85 for parts someday before my hood latch part dies.

Yep, I could fab the pipes, but I'd still need the valves. I've found a few locations for all the parts and the prices seem to be coming down.

Yes, the 84-86 hoods are different from the 87+ models. I could even fab the piece I need for the hood if I really wanted. It is just a metal loop that screws onto the hood.

Yep, I could fab the pipes, but I'd still need the valves. I've found a few locations for all the parts and the prices seem to be coming down.

Yes, the 84-86 hoods are different from the 87+ models. I could even fab the piece I need for the hood if I really wanted. It is just a metal loop that screws onto the hood.

While your at it making a latch for the hood, make two, and send me one for Christmas, LOL.:cheers:

Back