• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Fixed my bad vibes...somehow my jeep has sagged enough to compress my front ds that I had been using with my sye ...not sure if it is what caused the joints to wear funny or not. Luckily I had a shorter shaft in the shop. All is well...the massive deluge prevented me from finishing the paint on the 44.

That John Green guy blocked me today.
Then he went to the naxja FB paged and started saying what a meanie I was and how hes not coming to FF because I treated him like garbage.

All I did was say he posted a photo of his jeep a lot. Wow.

Something tells me if he actually showed up in Moab he would get beat up before the week was over.

Then he went to the naxja FB paged and started saying what a meanie I was and how hes not coming to FF because I treated him like garbage.

Something tells me if he actually showed up in Moab he would get beat up before the week was over.

Oh you big meanie head be nice

Changed water pump, lower hose, thermostat and radiator cap. Nothing wrong with the thermostat or the cap, but I already bought them, so I put them on. Backflushed with the water hose for about 10 minutes, everything was clear and happy.

Just ran down the highway for ten minutes with the needle in the middle. I don't know if it's fixed, but it's fixed enough. It's 96 degrees outside.

Josh, I apologize if you covered this before:

What was the reason you installed the aftermarket radiator?
Did the problem exist before you changed the radiator?
And finally, was a it a 2 core, or a 3 core?

-Ron

y4abemun.jpg

he6unagu.jpg

mac 'time to weld' gyvr

he blocked me a long time ago...he is the only person i've ever heard of blocking another person. funny, he's the d-bag, yet he blocks people who don't like him. guess he is doing us all a favor. i hope he does show up in moab so someone can pee in his gas tank.

Very purty Matt! I like the use of the cylinder hone , I wonder if that works to clean the tubes of trail crud when doing axle shafts...

Ron- "Glad I'm not going to Moab, pee don't burn well in Jeep"

Josh, I apologize if you covered this before:

What was the reason you installed the aftermarket radiator?
Did the problem exist before you changed the radiator?
And finally, was a it a 2 core, or a 3 core?

-Ron

The radiator that was in it started leaking from the tank seam to the core. I was impressed with the Chinese aluminum one, but it makes fan clutch clearance something you have to deal with.

I bought a CSF 3 core this time, all brass. It's also a nice radiator. Seems to fit a little better than the aluminum one. I had to buy a new fan shroud since I cracked mine in half taking it out, so pretty much everything in the cooling system is new now.

Interesting fun fact: 97+ heater hoses are like 25 bucks a piece, but 6 feet of 5/8 heater hose is only $5.99.

The radiator that was in it started leaking from the tank seam to the core. I was impressed with the Chinese aluminum one, but it makes fan clutch clearance something you have to deal with.

I bought a CSF 3 core this time, all brass. It's also a nice radiator. Seems to fit a little better than the aluminum one. I had to buy a new fan shroud since I cracked mine in half taking it out, so pretty much everything in the cooling system is new now.

Interesting fun fact: 97+ heater hoses are like 25 bucks a piece, but 6 feet of 5/8 heater hose is only $5.99.

i have the csf 3 core and it works really well...there are a lot of guys that say you should run a larger 2 core instead of 3 but mine will still keep the jeep from overheating when the e-fan quits (which seems to happen to me a lot). last year when i towed that diesel motor back from PA in that heavy uhaul trailer my efan was busted and i didn't notice it until i got stuck in traffic and my temps started to creep up...it was about a 1000 mile trip and it was 90-95 degrees the entire time

Back