• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O Ring in Quick Connect Fuel Line to Manifold?

okcjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Is there suppose to be an o ring on the fuel quick disconnect on a '99. I am replacing the exhaust/intake manifold gasket and I did not see any type of o ring on the fuel line quick disconnect. I have not noticed any leaks whatsoever either???

Wierd...

If there is suppose to be one, do I place it "in" the coupling or slide it on the tube, and then, slide it into the coupling?

Is there suppose to be an o ring on the fuel quick disconnect on a '99. I am replacing the exhaust/intake manifold gasket and I did not see any type of o ring on the fuel line quick disconnect. I have not noticed any leaks whatsoever either???

Wierd...

If there is suppose to be one, do I place it "in" the coupling or slide it on the tube, and then, slide it into the coupling?

Yes there is an "O" ring. Slide it on the rail without rolling it and then install the coupling.

You can just replace the O rings with fuel grade 5/16 x 7/16 O ring. Worked great on mine. Cost me $3 for a pack of 8.

That is the right size for a Renix . I am not sure what size the O rings are on a 99 , they might be a diff size .
True, I should have specified that. Thanks.

to quote from the FSM:

To disconnect the fittings, the retainer has two tabs that must be squeezed against the fuel tube and then pulled outward to disconnect the fuel tube from the Quick connect coupling. The retainer will stay on the fuel tube when the tube is disconnected. The O-rings and spacer will remain in the connector. A repair kit consisting of replacement O-rings, spacer, and retainer are available through the parts department. The replacement parts are installed on a disposable plastic plug.

so, you are actually dealing with two O-rings at each connection, at least in the original factory configuration, there's no accounting for what someone has done to it prior to your efforts.

And the couplings for the pressure and return lines on an HO are two different sizes. One is bigger than the other.

grave digging this thread. I looked up 800-013 and 800-016 on advanced auto for these orings and retaining clips and they are still available. i am doing my exhaust manifold on my 93 soon and am curious as to how necessary it is to replace the orings and clips on the quick connects.

Haynes says to, but i want to hear what you guys have done when you do yours.

cheers.

Back