• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hack and tap minus the hack?

NfSALD

NAXJA Forum User
Couldn't find much searching, maybe I'm just tired.... Would it be possible to just drill and tap the factory reverse slip yoke to the 231 and then install a double cardan shaft? I know the extra length sucks but its an XJ, not a shorty jeep. What do you all think???

What would be the point?

Biggest problem is the crappy fit of the slip yoke and how are you going to connect it to the dual cardan? hint.....no centering pin

old_man said:
Biggest problem is the crappy fit of the slip yoke and how are you going to connect it to the dual cardan? hint.....no centering pin

OK, would you believe me if I said JUST KIDDING??? heh heh heh:gee: told you I was tired

Last edited:
not on a 96+

If you could balance all that rotating assembly perfectly it could work,but any imblance would be magnified by the distance from the bearing and speed of rotation,this imblance or vibration would kill the support bearings in the TC in short order.I believe that is why Tom Woods was not in favor of the H&T conversion.I think he sells them now,but most went with the already shortened & machined SYE kits as the best system.
Wayne

Back