• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar bracket...Just bolt or add welds

ghettocruiser

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. Im getting ready to install the Rubicon Express heavy duty track bar and bracket. I have heard several people tell me that after I bolt it in, to run a couple of inch or so long welds in a few spots around the bracket. Sort of stitch weld it so to speak. Anyone else have any insight on this? I figured locktiting the bolts would be good...but I guess nothing keeps it from shifting better than a few welds. What are the opionions? Thanks in advance!

Justin

A lot of people have had problems with it working loose and chafing. The weld is a good idea if the person doing the welding knows what they are doing. Otherwise, I would go with a castle nut and a coter pin or maybe a nylock.

i used locknuts and locktite and it still would work loose. had a friend put a couple beads on it and it is holding fine now(of course)

Thanks for the replys... I think I will throw some welds on there. Any key spots that I should add the welds? I was just going to run a couple of inch long beads here and there...with no rhyme or reason. I would like to be able to remove it if needed without having to cut a million welds off..but still have it hold good. I dont mind cutting through a couple of stitch welds if I have to.

Justin

ghettocruiser said:
Thanks for the replys... I think I will throw some welds on there. Any key spots that I should add the welds? I was just going to run a couple of inch long beads here and there...with no rhyme or reason. I would like to be able to remove it if needed without having to cut a million welds off..but still have it hold good. I dont mind cutting through a couple of stitch welds if I have to.

Justin
yeah search the forum or the Internet for Kevins trackbar mount that should give you some idears
My idea was to take a piece of that comes down and uses the same setup as RE does but with a second lip that comes down like an L and makes a vertical bolt using the same stock hole and a hole in the new mount.
but that is just one opionion.

Back