• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone successfully installed a M90 Supercharger?

JeeperYJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched the web for days. I see many attempt the install, but no one is posting they completed it successfully.

I have seen some not require piggy back ECU (AEM) and others have installed it. I heard 3-4psi isn't needed.

In the end, I have yet to see a post/thread of someone completing the install and driving it. Did I miss it on my searches?

Thanks

'97 Jeep XJ

You need tuning for ANY amount of boost. OK maybe not for 1 psi, but that's it. If you want 25% more HP it will need 25% more fuel.
Google 'jeep supercharge 4.0' and look at images. There are plenty out there.

I did, no real luck with people posting (worked, I use it as a DD) type of post. More of "problems trying to resolve". I think your install is the only one I have seen "completed".

I did, no real luck with people posting (worked, I use it as a DD) type of post. More of "problems trying to resolve". I think your install is the only one I have seen "completed".
You're right on that.
Some of the best info that I found was here on naxja. OGS has a sprintex sc that he used 6 larger injectors and AEM FIC to control. Boostwerks put a turbo on and larger injectors and aem. Talyn is adapting a MP90. There are many others who have eaton sc installed along with many different solutions to the tuning problems.
Go to naxja, cherokee forum, jeep forum and google and search- jeep 4.0 supercharger, supercharger, sprintex, eaton and you will find plenty of reading and threads. I like to search google and then 'images' to find lots of info.
I hope that helps.

There were a lot of 'used to have' out there. Where are they now? Not many in the game today.

How well does a stock motor tolerate supercharging?

Kenne Bell stopped manufacturing these and as I understand, sold the patent to another company.

Avenger makes a supercharger, but why deal with parasitic powerloss when you can go turbo? A bit more expensive, but greater efficiency. 505 Performance manufactures these.

Kenne Bell stopped manufacturing these and as I understand, sold the patent to another company.

Avenger makes a supercharger, but why deal with parasitic powerloss when you can go turbo? A bit more expensive, but greater efficiency. 505 Performance manufactures these.
Banks is also developing a turbo system for the 4.0, not sure if it is on the market yet.

Tubo'ing isnt hard, it's the Engine management that's the fun part. Hack up a Down pipe and re-route it to attach a turbo in a convenient spot in the engine bay. I used to slap on junkyard turbo kit setups on my old EF honda's. My concern with a jeep would be with the rock crawling and all the vibrations and rough terrain it sees on a trail.

I still would like to do this to my heep. Just gotta hit up the Junkyard for some Volvo T3 turbos.

http://www.turbothis.net/ is a good source for shenanigans and Turbo info.

Back