• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

there goes the neighborhood.

Why is everyone against rosie? I like her, not her show but I think she is ok. When she calls into Stern she is totally different than when she is on her TV show.

It's Chicago. Rosie moving in isn't going to make that much worse.

Do you value the second ammendment?

The second amendment, yes, I enjoy my guns. I don't think rosie is going to sneak into your home and steal your weapons at night like everyone said obama would.

People have a difference in opinions on guns, welcome to america.

The second amendment, yes, I enjoy my guns. I don't think rosie is going to sneak into your home and steal your weapons at night like everyone said obama would.

HOLY SHIT. Moron alert.

Ya know... I just dont care enough to give you well thought out reasons why I am calling you a moron. So accept it :heart:

Opinions differ on firearms ownership - no problem.

However, it is not anyone else's damned business to tell me I should not own firearms. Period.

If you do not wish to own firearms, fine. Don't buy any. However, your desires should have no significant effect on my actions, if they do not harm anyone else in an unjustifiable manner (if you attack me first, all bets are off. If you try to kill me, I will attempt to return the favour in the most expeditious and efficient way possible. And do it first.)

If I wish to buy firearms, I should be allowed to - and I shouldn't be bothered unless I use them on another person, and only to investigate if I did so justifiably.

If you don't want other people to purchase firearms, then move out of this country and go to where private purchase of firearms is illegal. Don't try to take my rights away from me in an effort to fashion your own version of Utopia - if you don't like how we do things here, I'm not keeping you. Don't let the door hit you in your arse on the way out!

If you feel the need to change this country, but can't be arsed to leave because "you like it here," or your life is "too good" here - then either get bent and leave it alone (because it's working, even if you think it isn't,) or get ready to make some personal sacrifice to approach your vision of Paradise. But your vision is not necessarily my vision, and I (and probably multiple millions of others) like it the way it is (or, better, the way it was before you and your ilk got involved.)

NB: In pretty much all cases, the use of "you" is generic and non-specific. No direct insult is intended (however, if it's accepted anyhow, you've just showed what side of the matter you're on...)

However, it is not anyone else's damned business to tell me I should not own firearms. Period.

If you do not wish to own firearms, fine. Don't buy any. However, your desires should have no significant effect on my actions, if they do not harm anyone else in an unjustifiable manner (if you attack me first, all bets are off. If you try to kill me, I will attempt to return the favour in the most expeditious and efficient way possible. And do it first.)

If I wish to buy firearms, I should be allowed to - and I shouldn't be bothered unless I use them on another person, and only to investigate if I did so justifiably.

If you don't want other people to purchase firearms, then move out of this country and go to where private purchase of firearms is illegal. Don't try to take my rights away from me in an effort to fashion your own version of Utopia - if you don't like how we do things here, I'm not keeping you. Don't let the door hit you in your arse on the way out!

If you feel the need to change this country, but can't be arsed to leave because "you like it here," or your life is "too good" here - then either get bent and leave it alone (because it's working, even if you think it isn't,) or get ready to make some personal sacrifice to approach your vision of Paradise. But your vision is not necessarily my vision, and I (and probably multiple millions of others) like it the way it is (or, better, the way it was before you and your ilk got involved.)

NB: In pretty much all cases, the use of "you" is generic and non-specific. No direct insult is intended (however, if it's accepted anyhow, you've just showed what side of the matter you're on...)

+1 on pretty much all of this.

The need of the few to regulate the many is what frustrates me most in this world...

rosie odonnel is a rabid anti-2A, gun control, propeganda peddler. She uses scare tactics and lies to promote her agenda.

She misquotes, makes up stats, puts words in peoples mouths.

have an differing opinion on 2A fine, but i can't respect a person who is dishonest, deceitful, hypocritical, in the process of not only formulating an opinion, but is in a position of disseminating those myths and lies.

POS

her interpretation of the 2A was that it ws written to allow an army to use "muskets against the invading british", and limited nowdays to strictly the act of hunting, in so long as gun owners register their weapons on a federal, national database that can be used to determine the owner of a gun used in a crime.

if that's not bad enough,

she also thinks the governement blew up the pentagon and towers.

POS

I agree, but my take is really simple, allow me to share.

I have a right to self-defense, period. Those with faith might say that the right is god-given. I say that the right is GUARANTEED by the second ammendment.

That right was confirmed twice recently, in Heller v DC and McDonald v Chicago.

Some states have ruled that that right extends to defense of the HOME in castle doctrine.

I have a right to defend myself, and to defend my family from those in society who are lawless, and ignore ordinances and laws and rights of others. Those who are not and will not register, license, obey, nor respect.

I have a right to self -defense......PERIOD.

I agree, but my take is really simple, allow me to share.

I have a right to self-defense, period. Those with faith might say that the right is god-given. I say that the right is GUARANTEED by the second ammendment.

That right was confirmed twice recently, in Heller v DC and McDonald v Chicago.

Some states have ruled that that right extends to defense of the HOME in castle doctrine.

I have a right to defend myself, and to defend my family from those in society who are lawless, and ignore ordinances and laws and rights of others. Those who are not and will not register, license, obey, nor respect.

I have a right to self -defense......PERIOD.

More or less what I said - I just covered the potential actions of the other side while I was about it.

As far as the people who actually like being ruled by idiots, let them move to China. (I would include the former Soviet Union, but I think they're trying to move toward liberty. Mainland China? Not so much...)

More or less what I said - I just covered the potential actions of the other side while I was about it.

As far as the people who actually like being ruled by idiots, let them move to China. (I would include the former Soviet Union, but I think they're trying to move toward liberty. Mainland China? Not so much...)

here's who says it best.....

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
Thomas Jefferson

Back