• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust shop in OC?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, my exhaust is shot..... I don't feel like working on it (ok, I don't wanna weld exhaust tubing... it's enough I welded my snorkel!) and I need to get it fixed for smog check. Any suggestions on where to go? I'm looking for a reasonably priced place someplace nearby that I can go to on Sat.

There is a exhaust shop I go to on Beach near elmore toyota (across the street from New Century tire). I am not sure he is open on weekends but he will work late if you get there before he closes. He welds great and will not send you out unless it looks good. He took 20 minutes just making sure my tips were straight (dual tip) on my car. His name is Gabriel.

See Bud at Mesa Muffler, on Harbor Blvd at 22nd Street in Costa Mesa.

He did the exhaust on my Mustang and both of our Jeeps.

Kejtar said:
OK, my exhaust is shot..... I don't feel like working on it (ok, I don't wanna weld exhaust tubing... it's enough I welded my snorkel!)

.... isn't your snorkel plastic?

Ace muffler on 17th between Golden West and Beach. Have not been there for a couple of years, but they have done work for me over the years. Used to be Reds muffler years ago.

Tim D

rpraterxj said:
See Bud at Mesa Muffler, on Harbor Blvd at 22nd Street in Costa Mesa.

He did the exhaust on my Mustang and both of our Jeeps.

X2... Bud is an awsome guy and is priced fair, Also Ace Muffler in westminster is great as well....

Plaza Muffler 13282 Goldenwest @ the 22 fwy. 714-891-4050

Kejtar said:
OK, my exhaust is shot..... I don't feel like working on it (ok, I don't wanna weld exhaust tubing... it's enough I welded my snorkel!) and I need to get it fixed for smog check. Any suggestions on where to go? I'm looking for a reasonably priced place someplace nearby that I can go to on Sat.

hellbilly04 said:
Plaza Muffler 13282 Goldenwest @ the 22 fwy. 714-891-4050
I think that's the shop almost across the street from my house. Drove up there after work yesterday.. and at 5PM they were all gone home. Gonna give them a call today and see what's up.

Yea I have noticed that as well, 4:59 pm doors are being locked..Cool place though & decent prices. Been going to the one @ the Orange circle since I could drive & have done me right everytime....

Kejtar said:
I think that's the shop almost across the street from my house. Drove up there after work yesterday.. and at 5PM they were all gone home. Gonna give them a call today and see what's up.

WeldWorks or Werks in Orange off of batavia. Talk to Steve

Went to Plaza muffler and less then 2 hours later I was all done (I waited a out 40 minutes cause someone woke up earlier than I did and was there before me). Anyways, the guy knew what he was doing, and redit my tailpipe as well. My cat wasn't in the worst shape, but it wasn't doing that great either. Now I got some sort of high flow cat and a smaller muffler then what I had before (smaller rock magnet I hope). Also got rid of that funky pre cat cat that is up front below the engine.

Kejtar said:
Also got rid of that funky pre cat cat that is up front below the engine.

Will it still pass visual smog without it?

Tim D

Remi

Can you take a pic of the exhaust and send it to me?

I need a new exhaust after this weekend.

karstic said:
Remi

Can you take a pic of the exhaust and send it to me?

I need a new exhaust after this weekend.
I can try to take it tonight but no promises (time thing sucks for me this week)..... in general it's just.. new exhaust :) anything in particular that you're lookin for? :D (that way I know what to take a pic of specifically)

Back