• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Stainless Steel Brake Lines...Washers?

So I noticed that my stock front brake lines had small brass washers on either side of the end that connects to the brake that the bolt passes through. The RE stainless steel lines that came with my 4.5 inch kit don't have these washers. Has anybody had problems with their brakes leaking? Or does it fit on there tight enough without the washers?

Thanks,
Colin

my kit didnt come with them either. I re-used the stock ones and they leaked very slowly. Most auto parts stores will have em at the parts counter. ACE hardware also has crush washers that will work.

-J

I put Russell stainless steel lines on my ’91. They came with copper crush washers. I’ve had them on for two months now with out leaking so much as a drop. Now the POS ABS is a whole other story :firedevil You can get the copper/brass crush washers at any good hardware store or just reuse the factory ones.

Buy new ones.....that way it's one less thing to have to think about. They were cheap cheap. I didn't put new ones on till a week after replacing the lines due to leaks....

Mine didn't come with washers either - I simply turned the line straight upward (90 degrees) so the mating surfaces fit flush. Still pretty easy to access the bleeder with an open end.

15k miles on them and *no* leaks.

Back