• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This weeks Special, #2 from Ruffstuff, 20% off!

Dan Fredrickson

NAXJA Forum User
I guess I shouldn't have been, but I was kind of suprised at all the requests for what to put on special this week, this week the overwhelming choice was steering kits. (Next week I get to choose ;))

All of our Steering Kits are 20% off until Sunday the 21st at midnite, these are a good price before the discount so this makes that price great!

ylink.jpg

saftey%20mis%20w%20tube%20n%20bung.jpg

Offset%20tie%20rod.jpg

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/STEER.html

Dan, what is the significance of the two different sized misalignment spacers? Can you show me the full configuration that they are supposed to be in to set up the steering?

I have a question, are the offset tie rod ends the same threads as standard 1 ton tie rod ends? I already have a beefed up tie rod that is tapped so the 1 ton tie rod ends screw directly into it.

Dan, what is the significance of the two different sized misalignment spacers? Can you show me the full configuration that they are supposed to be in to set up the steering?
The larger misalignment has the same taper (misalignment angle) as the standard but it is meant to be used where you would normally use a safety washer. It performs as a safety washer AND as the misalignment, eliminating another weak point. It is for use in single shear on the unsupported end.

What's the difference between the gm crossover kit and the "y link" kit?

Very tempting! I have been eyeing this setup for a while and my steering looks like a noodle with all the bends in it.

Edit: My 2,000th post. I guess that is a sign to buy a kit! ha

Last edited:
Back