• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Spending the day with my granddaughter. My daughter has left me with a list of jobs she'd like to have done.

Her husband, Cameron, has been at basic training for the past month. He joined the Air Force, I'm proud of his decision to serve our country and provide for his family, but I'm also a bit sad they're going to be stationed somewhere, somewhere they don't know yet. I'm guessing a road trip will be in order once my second grand baby is born, in September.

In other news, I'll be hanging out in Virginia for a couple weeks for work. Flying out Wednesday to drive for another DC that had a fire. Should be good money, and warmer.

81bb081be8f4761680ccbad927e34db6.jpg

I think someone is telling me I need to stay in Florida. It has been like this for over an hour.

81bb081be8f4761680ccbad927e34db6.jpg

I think someone is telling me I need to stay in Florida. It has been like this for over an hour.

that or someone is telling you to steal those granite slabs and tie them to your rental car before making a sneaky get away...

i'm sure it will work

9b55ad2216921e6c5988fd8ebfde9dc6.jpg

And I've been dealing with this for a hour and a half. Looks like no one is having a good day.

I grew up in a town divided by tracks with no overpass.

i've lost countless hours to slow/stopped trains.
conrail should reimburse me.

Terre haute Has many tracks, only two I cross near me ever has a train stopped regularly (rail yard is between the two). I can usually go north and get passed the stopped train. They are going be building an overpass over a set of tracks next year though. We have the have eight fire stations because of train tracks. I lost track how many times the trucks from the station from work has been railroaded.

It won't stop snowing!

Next year Stevens Point is finally getting an overpass critical to one of our fire stations that handles the East side of town. With a major Canadian National yard in town they frequently are stopped at that and other intersections, blocking traffic.

Get out to pee yet, Sean?

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Does anyone use generic brand batteries on their lith ion power tools?
I'm looking to upgrade from 3ah to 5ah batteries for my Makita tools.

makitas,
http://www.amazon.com/Makita-BL1850B-2-Lithium-Ion-5-0Ah-Battery/dp/B015PVD9ME?ie=UTF8&keywords=makita%205.0%20ah%20battery&qid=1460131319&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

generics,
http://www.amazon.com/Topbatt-Repla... ah battery&qid=1460131319&ref_=sr_1_6&sr=8-6

any reason why I shouldn't and just pony up for the Makita brand?

there's a wide difference in quality between good lion cells from the top tier manufacturers and crappy ones from no name china companies.
if you can verify that the cells in the generics are top shelf, no problems.
but they're cheap for a reason, and that reason is using cells that cost less money.
They will not like fast charging, and will have shortened life spans compared to your OEM ones.
I would not leave a generic made in china lithium battery on the charger unattended, well I don't leave any lithium batteries unattended, but cheap china ones worry me even more so.

If you're gonne do it, get a bag of sand, suspend it above the battery charger if your going to leave them sit. That way when it catches fire the flames melt the bag and it dumps the sand on it. Ghetto automatic fire suppression

link says they use LG cells.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27707
factory is sony.
the sony ones are a better chemical composition, they will last longer. how much longer is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Good!

Where was all this snow in January and February? Would have had a decent snowmobile season.

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Back