• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fullsizexj LED boxes

mack

NAXJA Forum User
well, i really wanted the formatt LED boxes, but, they said "sold out!" crap!!! so i've look around and the next one i like are the fullsizexj ones, so, with that being said, does anyone run these? how do the LED lights mount in them? any input anyone has on these would really help me out.

http://www.fullsizexjgear.com/Fullsizexjgear%20boxes.htm
thanks

mack said:
well, i really wanted the formatt LED boxes, but, they said "sold out!" crap!!! so i've look around and the next one i like are the fullsizexj ones, so, with that being said, does anyone run these? how do the LED lights mount in them? any input anyone has on these would really help me out.

http://www.fullsizexjgear.com/Fullsizexjgear%20boxes.htm
thanks

Rather than buy that abortion of a tail light, I would just hit the junk yard and grab a few stock spares.

that bad??
90Pioneer said:
Rather than buy that abortion of a tail light, I would just hit the junk yard and grab a few stock spares.

90Pioneer said:

huh? i really like fullsize tailight's looks better than the others.

i have broken enough stockers, and finally upgraded a few months ago. i have smashed them hard a few times already, and they have held up well.....just some missing powdercoat.

here's a few pics of the boxes....

DSC00009.JPG

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

after resting my XJ on the tailight and hatch on a bank

DSC00070.JPG

hope that helps.

I got my fullsizexj boxes and love them.I like the way the light are recessed.I'm going to run two red led and use bumper mounted reverse lights.

I have seen Remi's glue job, He should be the official epoxy guy...

I love mine. I've bashed mine hard alot on rocks and they hold up great. I managed to put a dent in the side one of them. The lights still work, though. The only thing that is kind of eritating is when I smash them on a rock, they will shift and press against the hatch and make it realy hard to open. It will still open but won't close unless I pound it back with a hammer.

Ok, for whoever can answer this, can you describe how fulsizexj's lights mount in the recess? It almost looks like the lights mount in a panel via the rubber rings and then that panel is pressed up against the rearward facing part of the box using a tab on the bottom and two screws on the top. I may be way off here though. How about the side marker? does that just screw into the side with two machine screws through the marker into a panel in the inside of the box? Does it light with running lights? Does it flash with turn signals? I assume there is an included thingy that combines the turn signal with the brake/running lights? What guage steel is used? Do they come powdercoated or is this a paint type thing? How much for the '97 plus boxes and do they mount the lights the same way? It looks like they use a separate turn signal light. Thanks, Jeff

i'll answer the ones i can

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
Ok, for whoever can answer this, can you describe how fulsizexj's lights mount in the recess? It almost looks like the lights mount in a panel via the rubber rings and then that panel is pressed up against the rearward facing part of the box using a tab on the bottom and two screws on the top.

Tht's exactly right

How about the side marker? does that just screw into the side with two machine screws through the marker into a panel in the inside of the box?

Correct again

Does it light with running lights?

Yes

Does it flash with turn signals?

No

What guage steel is used?
12 Gauge steel

Do they come powdercoated or is this a paint type thing?

powdercoated

hope that helps a little

Correct on all points, 96 and older models do require you to install a trailer wire harness to go from 3 to 2 light system in order for turn signal to work when applying brakes, The 97 plus models have been changed to a seperate turn signal to eliminate the need for a trailer harness and the next run on the older body style models may as well

IntrepidXJ said:
i'll answer the ones i can

Tht's exactly right

Correct again

Yes

No

12 Gauge steel

powdercoated

hope that helps a little

Fullsizexj said:
Correct on all points, 96 and older models do require you to install a trailer wire harness to go from 3 to 2 light system in order for turn signal to work when applying brakes, The 97 plus models have been changed to a seperate turn signal to eliminate the need for a trailer harness and the next run on the older body style models may as well

So how well are the boxes sealed when the rubber ring with the lamp is pressed up against the hole in the box? I fear this area will not be sealed too well and fill the box up with mud and gunk when used here in the midwest. It certainly doesn't look like the side marker seals up too well when installed either. When the marker isn't bolted in, are there only three holes...the center large round one, and two bolt holes? In other words, how is the depressed plate that the side marker fits up against mounted to the box? Oh, is the side marker LED or incandescent or available either way. How about the other lights on the '97+? Finally, how much do you charge for these new 97+ units? Thanks, Jeff

The rear lights seal really well, as for the side, if it is a real concern then put some silicon around it, these were designed to prevent the normal brackage most people incure, not for submarines, no matter how they are designed, they will not suit everyone, I am not trying to be an ass about it but their sole purpose is to hold up against the normal rock bashing that breaks most lights

Back