• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

formattfab LED boxes

minus one

NAXJA Forum User
i just got my Formatt Fabrications LED boxes installed this weekend... so far, i love them! i don't have a single complaint. they went in super easy (boxes were a direct swap) and construction of them is really nice. it's good to see a set of boxes that actually follow the body lines. they didn't cut ANY corners with these... it's crazy how presice cnc laser cutting is. sure beats the hell out of a plasma cutter. :)

i ordered them directly from their site but you can also buy them from Bigoffroad.com.

great job guys!!! i talked to one of the owners and they *kinda* filled me in on some new stuff they're about to release. if it's anything like their LED boxes, i'll definintely be a repeat customer. i think it's also good to support some of the local small business guys... they're good guys to deal with. i think you could probably contact JohnJohn from the board here and he can give you some details too.

Formatt Fabrications: www.formattfab.com
Big Offroad: www.bigoffroad.com

i'm going to try to get some pics tonight after work and post them.

thanks again guys...

minus.

as far as i can tell, the only reason the boxes are marked "for offroad use only" is because they don't have the side lights to bust.

who knows, it may just be a disclaimer too... look at half the stuff on Rusty's site. it's all marked "for offroad use only". kind of a "CYA" thing maybe.

minus.

Can't wait to see the pics!

PS: Do you like the Railbender's?

chuck, are you even kidding me here? most everyone here is driving with a modified suspension of some sort not to mention half a dozen other violations and you're worried about something being DOT approved...

i could care less what anyone else thinks... i own a pair, they're on my rig and i think they awesome. i'd recommend a set to anyone. i thought i'd come here and give formattfab props for designing & building such a nice product but i guess sometimes that's easier said than done...

I have a set too. As far as DOT certified......who cares! I like the fact that there are no side markers. Thats the reason I have them. Here is a pic of mine.

f72cb2b2.jpg

My rig is the blue one on Farmboydesigns.com, and, about the side marker on Matt's design, they pop inside of the steel housing instead of breaking. When you pop the rear hatch, you just reach inside the housing and pop the LED back into place. All the lights press fit in just so you don't bash em. Just some info there for ya'll.
Tylor

with formattfab's boxes, you don't have to worry about any of that side light BS at all.. just some more info for ya'll.

minus.

Just some more info for ya'll... :moon:
j/k
All i have to say is that the LED lights are great no matter whose you buy. Only thing is the LED's used as turnsignals because the LED's aren't very visible from an angle.
Tylor

Back