• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt-A-Trail Workday: Sun. June 12

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The next scheduled workday is Sunday, June 12 on 2N49. The main focus is general brushing work.

Map of 2N49

SUNDAY, JUNE 12
Meet Point:
9:30 AM 2N49 SOUTHERN END We will meet at the end of Palm in San Bernardino

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

CAMPING
Volunteers are welcome to camp on the trail with us. This is dry dispersed camping. Please RSVP for camping.

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay.).
Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoe mandatory. If you are sensitive to dust you may went to bring a mask.

Please RSVP.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing you on the 12th.

Gonna give the bees the day off?

I expect the bees as well as their knees to be there.
They'll be able to lift with there knees then. Wouldn't want any of then to get hurt lifting that picanic table. Although, they probably shouldn't try to help if they're buzzed.

Who is planning on camping with us? If you are any objections to dispersed camping on 2N49? This would mean no flushy toilets or real fire but I will bring a PETT toilet and a USFS-approved propane fire ring.

I'm Sunday only, not camping even as much as I fully enjoy freshening up with frilly fern fronds frolicking firmly between my cheeks. It's summer time; who needs two ply?

:D

Last edited:
I still dunno if I'll still be down at Glen Helen Saturday night, or driving the trail looking for dispersed people...

Looks like I'll be in the XJ instead of the MJ. I wasn't able to get the brakes bled completely. If I can get a helper between now and time to leave the house I'll give it another go. I didn't follow the correct procedure for the load sensing valve after I swapped out the MC.

Last edited:
We got some good work done and had a good time. I have a few photos that I'll try to get posted up in the next few days (but I do have a couple of other work days to post up, first).

Thanks go out to Carol, Shawn, Jaxon, Travor, Lana, Ryan, Rylie, James, Tim, old man Armstrong, and Tyler. Together we put in 186.5 toward the Adopt-A-Trail group for a current total of 740 hour so far this fiscal year (Oct. 1 - Sep. 30). This weekend also marked the trip that I passed over the 100 mark to 107 hours volunteer so far this FY.

Thanks again, the next work weekend will be July 16-17, details will come later.

Back