• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 'New' Adventure Trailer

SCW

NAXJA Forum User
I picked this up for $400 today, I think it was a great deal even after I got it home and cleaned it up some. Lots of work to be done, but I'm WAY ahead of building it from scratch myself, which was the other option.

Paint sucks, but so does the Jeep so big deal.
P1070809.jpg

It was originally a military (Air Force I think) electrician's trailer so there are LOTS of little cubbies and fitted slots for a variety of tools and parts. Most of this will get stripped out and replaced with my own variety.
P1070810.jpg

Cubbies and Cuties-
P1070811.jpg

I want to mount a spare tire here, as well as some other light-weight boxes for vehicle recovery, chock-blocks, etc. 50cal ammo cans would look the part and serve well at the same time.
P1070814.jpg

Here is the biggest problem with it right now. The hinge/weather seal deteriorated sometime since the Korean War and someone welded on two small flimsy hinges. I need to figure out a way to replace the rubber and get a good water-tight lid again. Lots of work in that sentence.
P1070815.jpg

Axle is great, leaf spring and bushing are tight and the width is only slightly wider than my Jeep. Just about perfect! I like that it has shocks and that there is plenty of space for me to mount both a water can and fuel can underneath. I need some help finding something that will work though, I'd really like plastic and I'll build a skid plate if I need. I think a Mexican Creditcard (aka siphon hose) will work to get water and fuel out. Maye a blue hose for water and red for fuel.
P1070812.jpg

The only other thing I need to figure out is how to haul dead critters home on it after the hunt. I might end up simply strapping them to the top or quartering them and stuffing them inside. I'll work on that over the summer by shooting Californians and hauling them back west..... :D

Thats an awesome trailer! I want one!

very good score! yea it needs work but thats a steal!

Back