• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustoleum bed liner

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Picked up a Rustoleum two part bed liner kit at Ollies [a distressed and old stuff outlet store in the allentown pa area] last month and it finally stayed warm n dry enough to put it on tonight. Pulled the whole interior of my sons YJ including the drain plugs and went to town on it, 4 coats. Will report the results when it's had it's 24hour drying time. Man that stuff is THICK and STINKY :puke: only to be used in a well ventilated area, so we did it outside and still :puke:. Got the whole kit for $19.99... :D

did they have any more of the stuff?

I've got an ollies darn close to me

hafta go check it out!!!

sweeeeeeeeeet!!! :D

(fwiw, I've seen and picked up some craftsman tools there DIRT CHEAP. don't have to have the receipt to return them to sears ;) )

The one I went to had about 20 cases of the stuff, 6 of them went while I was browsing around, they gotta have the biggest mismatched wrattle can assortment I have ever seen. I guess it was a good deal considering I've been seeing it for between $39 & $50 in a couple of retail stores. Just checked it after 12 hours of drying and it's still very tacky but then they said the drying time increases below 70F with a total of 7 days for total curing and we did put it on pretty thick.

WOW, did that stuff dry nicely, two more coats and it should be done.

RichP said:
WOW, did that stuff dry nicely, two more coats and it should be done.

dang, that stuff sounds good! i wonder if it'll ship :D

I'll let you know in a couple of months if it's any good or not. All I can say so far is it's thick and after 24 hours is pretty hard even with the two thin coats we did before dinner. The kit is complete with gloves, roller and even a 14" mixer blender rod for an electric drill. Now to find new drain plugs to replace the rotted out ones. Just put the hard top and doors back on and the stuff is still stinky :puke: He'll need to keep the windows down on the way into school tomorrow so they don't think he's been partying or maybe I'll just hide his doors :) and let the fresh air in...

soo...how did it hold up then. I mean, 13 years is very telling to quality.

RichP has not visited the forum since September 11, 2011. My guess is his jeep became soda cans years ago. I doubt you will ever find out how the bed liner has held up.

Back