• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slightly higher in the front? Pics

cmahaff

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys happy 4th!

Does this look a bit higher in the front to you? If so, does that pose any issues? Where can I measure to see what the difference is? I've tried measuring the frame rail closest to the front and back tire to the ground and it seems pretty close.

New leafs are crown HD. Which were supposed to yield 1.75

New Moog coil supposed to yield 1 and re spacers at .75

Will the front coils settle down a bit?

The tires are 235 now and will be replaced with 30s tomorrow

tutu3edu.jpg

arypuhej.jpg

Yea I've thought about that. I'm wondering if an inch would be too much lift to add to the rear. Especially if the coils end up settling down a bit.

MJ shackle will net you approx .5-.75" of lift in the rear.
Since you have your stock flares still, measure from middle of wheel hub to the bottom of the flare. Stock length for that is 17.5 front, and 17 rear. So you will take your measurement and subtract 17.5/17 accordingly.

Maybe I'll find a heavier motor as well. :)

Haha Cali lean that's awesome. Thanks for the props Gary. I don't mind it all that much. I just know its going to look a bit worse after I get some camping gear and stuff in it

Last edited:
Re: Re: Slightly higher in the front? Pics

Your leafs will settle so you'll want some lift.. plus the stock shackles suck for the ride... boomerangs are where its at..lift and better ride
I'm probably leaning towards this. unless anyone can think of any reason not too. other than my bolts seeming super stubborn

With a longer shackle the angle will be less than desireable. You could get the relocater brackets but it might lift it more than you're looking for.

It looks like its about level to me. If anything I'd leave it be and wait for the leafs to break in before doing anything. Leafs will settle more then coils. But honestly I would leave it unless you are just anal retentive about stuff like that.

Re: Re: Slightly higher in the front? Pics

With a longer shackle the angle will be less than desireable. You could get the relocater brackets but it might lift it more than you're looking for.
what is a desirable shackle angle? I'm sure this has been talked about before eh

It looks like its about level to me. If anything I'd leave it be and wait for the leafs to break in before doing anything. Leafs will settle more then coils. But honestly I would leave it unless you are just anal retentive about stuff like that.

I am border line anal retentive. I'm trying to fight it. So when the leafs break in it will be even more noticeable. I'm not quite as concerned about the look as I am putting a bunch of people and weight in the back and sagging it out

Back