• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Question

Tim00XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody know where you can purchase the rubber cushions, metal washers, and nut kit that go onto the FRONT shock bolt in order to hold in the fender well? The nut holding the shock onto the fender well came loose and fell off and I lost some of the parts.

Almost any good parts store will have the parts.

I went to the local advanced auto and they had no idea what I was talking about. Is there anywhere online that I could order them? I'm up at school, so I don't really have the option of going home to fix it.

Go to advance and look in the aisle that has all the "Help" parts. There will be a package that has exactly what you're looking for.

yeah people at advance are idiots they dont know anything. napa maybe a little more expensive but atleast they know what there talking about

Does anybody know where you can purchase the rubber cushions, metal washers, and nut kit that go onto the FRONT shock bolt in order to hold in the fender well? The nut holding the shock onto the fender well came loose and fell off and I lost some of the parts.

I went to the local advanced auto and they had no idea what I was talking about. Is there anywhere online that I could order them? I'm up at school, so I don't really have the option of going home to fix it.

they probably didnt understand what you meant by shock "cushions" and "on the front shock bolt".

did you ask at the parts counter or from a stock boy walking the isle?

if you said that you needed shock bushings and shock mounting hardware kit for the front shocks of the year xj you have, you may have had better luck.

There was a picture of a shock that came up and I showed him exactly what I needed and they didn't have it.

Turns out the bolt on the shock was stripped, so I'm going to have to replace the shock.

Back