• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ax-15 shift problem

thatguytrav

NAXJA Forum User
Sooo my jeep started shifting kinda funny on the way home. It slowly starting getting harder to shift.. then it didn't want to go into 1st or 2nd.. then 3rd and 4th. now I'm locked out off all gears minus reverse and all it does is grind when I try to put it in reverse. I checked the fluid and it seemed pretty full. Any ideas???

Put in an automatic. I am just messing with ya, although I like the auto better myself. I am just bored from sitting on the side of the road with my broke heep for 5.5 hours. Just ignore me.

Man... don't everyone jump at once :p Well, I went to work on the xj yesterday and everything worked/looked fine. I haven't found signs of a culprit but I was leaning more towards the master or slave cylinder but there are no signs of them leaking so not sure how else to test them.

It's working fine again and no slipping... The only other thing is I can hear a squeak from under the hood when I push the pedal in but I figured that was normal

It's working fine again and no slipping... The only other thing is I can hear a squeak from under the hood when I push the pedal in but I figured that was normal

Sometimes yes but you may be having a master/slave problem.

Back