• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken Bracket

BlackHillsJeepery

NAXJA Forum User
Wasn't sure where to put this, but the part that failed was OEM so... The bracket on my front axle housing where the sway bar and track bar mount to broke off. This happened, suprisingly, on road. I was turning a corner and heard a rather loud pop then steering went very goofy and bumps started throwing it into death wobble. Bought the jeep lifted (bad idea) has about 5 inches of lift and 31x10.5. its a 99 sport the lift seemed to have been done well, with the exception of blocks in the rear, switched thouse out for a nother leaf. Any ideas on what could have caused this failer? Also never cracked that area on a rock/stump/whatever
Any suggestions would be appreciated i'd like to make sure this doesnt happen again

what brand and type(TRE, johnny or similair joint)of track bar came with the lift. single shear or double shear mounting?

The sway bar and track bar don't mount to the same thing. Are you talking about where the stabilizer and trackbar mount on the axle? If this is what you are talking about and you still have stock gears, you should just swap the axle out if you don't have the skills/tools to reconnect the bracket. You should be able to find a d30 at the junkyard for about $100 or less.

Back