• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

started phase one today!!!

SoNjJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Started the cage over the weekend with my cousin Chris.... Chris is a Mechanic at BMW of Santa Fe so we had the entire shop at our disposal which is pretty keen. first phase is what you see below, a engine compartment protector.... its not done yet, still needs more triangulation and gussets, second stage is the exo cage over the passenger compartment which will be heavily gusseted with the proper triangulaton, and last but not the least will be the internal cage which will eventually be connected to the exo cage by drilling holes in the roof, attaching tubing in between the two cages and then welding a plate to cover the gaps then silconing them all up.. tell me what you guys think so far

get-photo.asp

yes, that is a BPI non winch bumper, i bought it wayyy back in the days when it was only 200 bucks and they were virtually unknown, great bumper and a great foundation for the tube work

Back