• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stolen Audis

Kittrell

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So both of our Audis were lifted last night. In possibly the worst luck ever, I had just swapped the nav from the convertible back to the sedan. We went somewhere in the WK right after so I had tossed both spare keys in the center console. Someone got into the WK last night (not sure how, no broken glass, maybe a slim jim) and Yahtzee! So they took both right out of the lot with functioning laser cut immobilizer keys. Broomfield PD processed the Jeep for prints and DNA.

Green/White Colorado plate RBS-308

20160723175001-53653578-xl.jpg

Colorado State Park plate NAXJA

20150719123228-5455b613-xl.jpg

Good luck with prints I had Two fine gentleman rolling around in the hot xj for a month doing burglaries and hands all over the Jeep ...without a single bit of DNA evidence to be had despite Denver combing that jeep for dna/prints . If only getting that evidence was as easy as CSI makes it look .

That's unreal Don.

What are the odds those crooks were to hit at the same unusual time you'd leave spare keys where you normally wouldn't?

There HAS to be a special place in hell for thieves........ :gonnablow

That sucks! Sorry to hear that.

Vehicles have been located. Found at a Woodspring Suites in "Parker", thinking Centennial. State Patrol found them which seems odd to me. BPD investigator said neither appeared to be damaged or otherwise vandalized in any way. Keys were not recovered so I am likely going to have them towed straight to Audi to be completely rekeyed. Between that and the hail they may likely be totaled out, hard to say.

Too bad those key fobs don't have GPS locators.....

Well, here's to hoping you get good replacement value for them if they get totaled. With how A.R. you are about your Audi's.... you're gonna have your work cut out for you looking for worthy replacements.....

I've had Two vehicles stolen one by my brother and the XJ both times I was told nothing looked to be damaged , So don't be surprised if their idea of appears to undamaged is not the same as yours .

Too bad those key fobs don't have GPS locators.....

Well, here's to hoping you get good replacement value for them if they get totaled. With how A.R. you are about your Audi's.... you're gonna have your work cut out for you looking for worthy replacements.....

Yeah the Cabriolet only has 48k on it and it's an '03. They are 13 and 15 years old though so probably not more than 10k for either. Really have no clue what the rekey job will run. Hail estimate on the WK was $5k and it had the worst of the 3. Could go either way.

Thats forkin crazy

$2400 to rekey the sedan and $1400 for the cabby.

Dude, sorry that happened...pure sh*t luck there.

Those rekey prices are absurd! Are they putting a whole new dash in while they do it too!?

Crap like that is the reason I continue to justify driving my beater '89 Corolla.

I had to replace the ignition tumbler...it cost me $20 and took less than 5 minutes. :laugh:

That, and I have NO worry about anyone stealing this car. :D

And WHY do you like Audi's so much???

Insurance is likely to total an Audi if the owner simply loses the keys!

Is it any cheaper to have new keys programmed to the current code and not change it? Get those, and sell the cars......

Lol...... just stealing an Audi key fob constitutes Felony Theft.

Last edited:
Just kidding, they forgot the fobs.

$2700 and $2000 respectively.

It has to be a full rekey, just getting new keys and reprogramming and they can still physically get into the vehicle as they wish (though they can't start it).

As far as what is being replaced, here is the tumbler kit. The sedan even has key cylinders in the rear seat to lock them from folding down. Labor on those is 4 hours alone ($139 per hour)

b406a5s-960.jpg

Wow, sorry but that's highway robbery.

I'll be interested to hear what insurance says.

If they total them, I'd be even more interested to see what they'd let them go for :laugh:

Yeah...those "modern" amenities seem to make things so convenient.

Back