• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

recommended bushings for OME 3" kit

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm looking at the 3" OME lift on jeepinoutfitters, but it does not come with leaf spring bushings so I will need to order some from somewhere. They are stock size according to Jason.

Whose bushing package should I order?

What about something like the Prothane kit on Team Cherokee

2148-PROTHANEKIT.JPG

i used and recommend OEM (factory) rubber bushings to maintain ride quality. I would suggest shopping for your OME kit and consider DPG as a vendor because of price, customer service and support to NAXJA.

Stock rubber bushings. I ran them in my for 2 years no problems, nice and quiet (unlike poly) but probably due for replacement every 2yrs.

ehall said:
I'm looking at the 3" OME lift on jeepinoutfitters, but it does not come with leaf spring bushings so I will need to order some from somewhere. They are stock size according to Jason.

Whose bushing package should I order?

The 3" OME kit with full rear leaf springs doesn't include spring eye bushings?

Wow. I've been thinking about this kit and in all the places I've seen it listed (DPG, 4x4groupbuy.com and Jeepinoutfitters), none mention the lack of spring eye bushings. Seems to me that item would definately be included with the replacement lift springs. Oh well, I learn something new everyday.

mecompco said:
I wanted to keep a reasonable on-road ride, so opted to go with stock rubber bushings rather than poly. I'm sure they would work fine, if you don't mind any potential increase in transmitted road vibes.

Really? I've been running poly bushings (don't remember brand) in my 2" OME kit since it was installed 3 years ago or so, and never felt like there was a difference from the OEM rubber (of course, the OEM rubber was 205,000 miles young at that point).

Rob

Back