• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another blower motor ?

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ok I searched and it sounds like everyone has had the opposite of my problem. I only have LOW blower air no matter what position the switch is in. I dont think that it is the resister because the resister is how the motor gets low and med correct? so does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks

There are actually a SERIES of resistors that are in the "resistor pack" that controls fan speed. Depending on how many of these resistors are engaged determines how much voltage DROP there is between the fan switch and the fan motor. More resistors in use means more voltage drop.

You probably have ONE resistor in the pack that is open, and this resistor happens to be the one used ONLY when the fan switch is on the "LOW" setting.

Does the fan work in all switch positions? If it runs slow in the high position, there is no resistor in the circuit. Either you have a bad fan or bad wiring. Most likely a bad fan. They actually go bad fairly frequently. If you pull the motor, you can bench test it. You will most likely feel that the shaft doesn't turn freely.

The other thing could be a stopped up air plenum. My Astro actually had a plastic grocery bag sucked into the heater.

ya the fan works in all switch positions but only blows low.

Back