• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LT1 Injectors

Ok, before today in my 4.7L stroker I was running blue top 24lb ford injectors. They ran ok, but I had several problems.

1)threw a constant code for a fuel injection circuit malfunction
2)had to be driven in 3rd around town, OD did not work correctly
3)engine lugged like crazy when cruzing around

I switched to the LT1 injectors and immediately all three problems have disappeared. Not only that, but it runs smoother than it ever has, and smoother than my stock jeep Cherokee that is the same year and make.

so for those of you switching to higher injectors, consider going the LT1 route instead of Ford(never have liked the blue oval). The injectors have 6 holes in the cap, and seem to run great.

I did just the opposite. I have better throttle responce, cold idle, and maybe a tiny bit better MPG with the fords over the LT1s.

Sounds like something was wrong with one of your ford injectors cuasing the problems you had. I have a set of 8 so if any go bad I can just swap with one of the spares.

I have some LT1s if anyone wants them.

haha. thats great. I dont know. Guy at a shop I hang around at sometimes said I may have gotten a set of low impedance injectors. All I know is it runs like a new truck with the injectors swapped

Were they ford motorsport 24lbers or were they out of some factory car? If they came from something out of a boneyard I could see that happening. If you have real blue top FMS 24lb injectors they should have worked just fine.

they were real bluetops. I will check part numbers on them tomorrow, but when I got them I checked the numbers and I am pretty sure they were correct. I just got back from trivia night, and I am amazed, amazed at the difference in driving. Smoother acceleration, no lugging at low cruising rpm's, idles without pulling at the tranny at stoplights. I dont know, but before I was running rich as crap too. Maybe I got a bad set but it is definatly fixed now.

Glad to hear they are working out for you. Want to buy another set :D lol

Dude, ya'll got Trivia night too... that ish is great...we won $35 last night.

We play here at O-Malley's, get $35 beercash for first place

Check the resistance on the ones that didn't work out. Up to 6 ohms, low impedance. 10 and above would be high impedance, and should work with about any factory ECU.

I need to, havent really had the chance to dig them back out. When I got them they looked new, had been sonic cleaned and rebuilt. But they threw a injector flow fault code(OBD1) and never ran quite right. Part numbers even matched with the ones I needed.

Back