• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recent Source for Condenser and other AC Parts?

kshbaja

NAXJA Forum User
I started a project to replace the AC system in my 2000 Cherokee and ordered a 4 Seasons Kit along with a Spectra condenser from Autozone. The compressor fit just fine but about every other piece was off. The condenser inlet/outlet pipes put the high pressure line from the compressor in the path of the fan. The liquid line with the orifice tube was no long enough to reach the compressor without massive bending. The accumulator output line was angled such that the top of the accumulator was a good inch higher in the engine bay than OEM and very close to making contact with the hood. Parts are NLA from Dodge.

Has anyone had good luck recently with any aftermarket AC parts?

I started a project to replace the AC system in my 2000 Cherokee and ordered a 4 Seasons Kit along with a Spectra condenser from Autozone. The compressor fit just fine but about every other piece was off. The condenser inlet/outlet pipes put the high pressure line from the compressor in the path of the fan. The liquid line with the orifice tube was no long enough to reach the compressor without massive bending. The accumulator output line was angled such that the top of the accumulator was a good inch higher in the engine bay than OEM and very close to making contact with the hood. Parts are NLA from Dodge.

Has anyone had good luck recently with any aftermarket AC parts?

I have been trying to fix the air in my '00 for quite sometime too. I bought all my parts at Napa. Have done everything but Evap and Condenser. There are 2 choices for some of the parts. Give a look at these.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/searc...s-related-parts/auto-parts/jeep/cherokee/2000

https://www.napaonline.com/en/searc...ose-assemblies)/auto-parts/jeep/cherokee/2000

I am just wondering if you ordered the wrong kit.

Thanks for the suggestions. Good to know there are decent sources available. I picked up an APDI condenser at a local radiator/ac shop and it seems to be a much better fit. Hopefully the liquid line that is arriving tomorrow will be the same.

I double checked the 4 Seasons Kit from Autozone with the guy I returned it to and it was definitely ordered correctly, maybe just a bad batch from China. Oh well, I am now well versed in removal/install. Fingers crossed my evaporator isn't leaking :/

Back