• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee rain guards

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
98 XJ 204k 3.5' lift
Those metal rain guards above the doors are very strong on my 99. But on my 98 I noticed a spot where I could almost pull it off of the truck. It's not rusty at all so it must be yet another downfall to Chrysler buying AMC... poor fit and finish.

Anyone ever removed or installed these? How were they installed at factory so I can finish the spot they forgot

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On my 2000 they aren’t even glued — just metal clips to hold them on

I had one flopping around and found that just sliding the clip a few inches and allowing it to grab a different spot on the gutter did the trick — it kinda just snapped in place

My '99 uses little spring clips as well. I've got one that likes to pop off near a ding in the drip rail where it kissed a tree. To reattach it, I give the drip rail a little twist and grab the lip with the top of the hook then tap it with my palm in a kind of downward motion to get the bottom to snap on.

I think some of ya'll are confusing the little decorative covers with the actual gutter itself. The decorative part is held on with glue or clips, the actual gutter underneath it is part of the body.

Speaking of the drip rails. How do I remove them? Mine are glued on and the glue is pretty strong. I don't want to bend them taking them off. Can the glue be softened with as heat gun?

Back