• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

keyless entry

mbiker72

NAXJA Forum User
i learned that my vehicle, which i bought used had keyless entry after i got a copy of the build sheet from chrysler, so i had a dealer program a fob for me, but when i lock, unlock the doors, there is no beep, no light flash, nothing...is this normal? the doors lock and unlock fine, but thats it. the jeep is a 98. can i have those features programmed into it? or do they not exist?

Don't know if it can be programmed, but my '98 does the same thing. Simply locks and unlocks. No feedback from the lights or horn.

i have a 98 sport and it only beeps when i lock it and theres now feedback when unlocking just hearing it unlock, and my girlfriend has a 98 classic and there is no beep but there are lights that flicker on and off when locking or unlocking.

sorry this probally doesnt help

There is a way to turn the alert off and on IIRC. I think holding the lock button down for 3-5 seconds turns the alert on/off... it is in the owners manual I think... I know I have done this but my fob quit working a few years back but I KNOW there is a way to change the way it works....

Ok.. it is coming back to me. Hold the lock button down on the key fob until you hear the horn - the system is in alert mode. If you hold again until it locks with no sound, you are in silent mode.

Last edited:
yes this is normal, the only thing to come on when you unlock is the interior lights.

however you can 'programe' it so that when you press the lock button the horn will chirp.

to do this you need to:
press and hold the lock button for 5-10 seconds
then whilst keeping that pressed then press and release the unlock button and then you will hear the horn chirp.

then you will hear the horn dhirp each time you press the lock button.

if you want to cancel this you do the same procedure as to enable it.

hope that helps.

Back