• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

found my exhaust leak

it was too dark to look last night after i got home but when i got to work this morning i checked it out.. thats what i saw lol.. too bad dallas is out of the shop at stinkyfab b/c now i need motor mounts and a new header.. i dont have access to a welder :/

You can just patch that up with some Flex Tape.

I have been assured that it can patch, bond, seal and repair virtually anything.

It must be true. It's what the marketing folks have said.

Damn!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've got the new header sanded and painted.. just waiting for the 3 he mark so I can handle it. Then I have to inayall it to do a heat cycle to cure the paint. Then I get to uninstall it to wrap it then reinstall the new header.

I did have a fitment issue last night.. I do have the newer "big" intake manifold on my jeep.. on cylinder 6, the header was hitting the bottom of the intake.. I trimmed as much as I comfortable of trimming and when it still didnt fit I just knocked off the bottom of the locating dowel pin hole on the manifold and she fit right in..

All in all, she in now and quite again.

Really shouldn't wrap the manifold as it will cause crystallization of the metal making it brittle and easier to crack

So now that I finished the header, I noticed a loud noise at the front of the motor.. it's power steering time! Just finished doing the WJ ps pump upgrade and now I'm all quite up front. Still just waiting on the motor mounts from stinky fab

Back