• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No name xj

jcwclm

NAXJA Forum User
Figured I might start a build thread. A lot of the stuff I've done I've copied so may not see much new stuff here. I don't know how this will go since I'm not on here much anymore and I don't take a whole lot of pics but I guess you can just watch the progress and ask questions if you need to.

Bought this jeep as my first vehicle back in '07 or so stock. First thing as a highschooler is obviously to black out lights add cab lights and rims of course...son of a....

I'll skip some of the boring stuff. But here's some random pics.

]

20160326_160441.jpg
[/URL][/URL

Press enter between IMG links, it's easier to view. So far I dig the build, damn that's a lot of rust though.

I did but every time I copied link it would copy over it and I got annoyed haha. Eh...the rust is just in the floorboards and rockers. Unibody Is good.

I have the same problem with posting pics. My solution has been to hit enter a few times, type in a random character and then go back up and insert the pic. If I put in some text then the system will leave that in place.

Nice bit of work going on there. I like the "It'll buff out" rock rings. And the little guy getting his hands on the new parts. Teach him early about real toys.

I have the same problem with posting pics. My solution has been to hit enter a few times, type in a random character and then go back up and insert the pic. If I put in some text then the system will leave that in place.

Nice bit of work going on there. I like the "It'll buff out" rock rings. And the little guy getting his hands on the new parts. Teach him early about real toys.

I'll go back and fix it later on a cumputer. On my phone right now. Those are tmi beadlocks I had made. Ready to get them on! And little girl btw. Pic don't show it but her shirt is pink in the diff cover pic. Hopefully she grows up with the same addiction!

I like it.

Wow. Nice work so far! Extremely jealous you have access to a mill to make clean fab work.

Looks like in your pile of parts picture you bought almost alloy kit from IRO? Let us know what you think about them. I upgraded my small u joint shafts to the larger 760 joint shafts and am thinking about buying the same IRO kit for my small u joint shafts since I have a few to keep as spares.

Wow. Nice work so far! Extremely jealous you have access to a mill to make clean fab work.

Looks like in your pile of parts picture you bought almost alloy kit from IRO? Let us know what you think about them. I upgraded my small u joint shafts to the larger 760 joint shafts and am thinking about buying the same IRO kit for my small u joint shafts since I have a few to keep as spares.

Yep. Stretched the ears at windrock so figured I'd give them a shot. Even if they only double the life of my shafts they'll be worth it.
Sure is nice being a machinist!

Got tranny mount done today and xmember tacked together and some other random things. Never welded sheet metal before...what a pain. Took some measurements for the 3 link gonna plug them into calculator when I get a chance.

Anybody see any issues here? This is all kinda estimated guesses but pretty close to what I'm planning. The way I was planning the upper it will be 4-5" longer than the lower. Is that too much longer?

Back