• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A short kills my Battery right after start up. it will only start with a jump help!

paxj1112

NAXJA Forum User
So i just6 bought a 92 xj beautiful rig but the damn thing wount stay charged. It has to a Short in the line somewhere. I removed all the fuses i could to see if that was the problem and got no where. So i was thinking about just installing a kill switch. it is a rig that isnt going to be a daily driver so what the hell. my question is if i have the switch on and start my jeep then thurn it of it will still run and fire up next time i turn the kill switch back on right? i dont know too much about this help me if you have any ideas. Thanks

Re: A short kills my Battery right after start up. it will only start with a jump help!

does it show a charge when running? my alt drained my batt in about 20 mins, have it tested..

Re: A short kills my Battery right after start up. it will only start with a jump help!

change the battery and both terminal ends.
add it to the cost of the rig.

I dont know what its problem was but she will start and run strong now thanks

Back