• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head light problems (HELP)

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
On my xj i have the bosch h4 conversion with 55/65 watt bulbs. The problem is when i turn on my headlights they only stay on for a few mins then turn off for a while then turn back on all by themselves. They will not stay on consistently. But when i have my high beams on i have no problems at all.

I replaced the headlight switch since the old one burnt out about a month ago. I am assuming this is not connected? Is there a relay i should be looking at? Any suggestions? Besides driving around all the time with my high beams on?

The headlight switch has a built in auto reset circuit breaker. Chances are you have a partial short someplace. If the high beams work OK, it could likely be in a headlight bulb. An ohm meter should tell you pretty quick (after the ordeal of getting the headlight housing out). I'd buy a new bulb and compare the resistance in the low beam side (poles) with what I have in the jeep. Of course it could also be the harness someplace. Where the harness runs through the circle cut into the front clip is a likely spot for a rub through.

Back