• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

won`t pass emissions!!!

chpjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i took my stock 91xj into the inspection lain at the DMV and the darn thing wouldn`t pass. the man said the he couldn`t do the emissions test untill i fixed my high idle. an ugly tap started and the high idle came, after i took her off road and into a puddle that was toooo deep. after i stalled out, i had enough to get out, i took the sparkplugs out and let the water spit out the holes, sucked the intakemanifold and off we went... is there any thing that can be done to lower the idle temporarly? just to pass. the dmv is open untioo 8!!

check for a vaccum leak

its the first thing i could think of, not much help but this one is tricky

or if there is no vaccum leak mabye create one to se if it goes lower :laugh3:

:)...ok well then there was this dude that said i could switch some whires ontop of the ingectors or something and the check engine light would blink some codes or something...my check engine isn't on

to see if you have any codes you can either cycle the ignition five times

on/off on/off on/off on/off on

or just drive it down to your local autozone and they can scan any check engine codes for free. i probably wouldn't worry about that to much though if you don't have a light.

Back