• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear temp sender?

Tcharles3

NAXJA Forum User
In the final steps of swapping out my gauges for a set with a tachometer. I had to get new oil pressure and temp senders since I’m going from lights to gauges. The oil pressure sender went in and works without a hitch but I’m having trouble with the rear temp sender. I couldn’t get it threaded all the way due to not enough clearance for a socket once I get so far. It’s not reading correctly and sitting on 100 degrees. Is that due to me not threading it all the way or do I have a bad part? If it’s my error, any advice on how to get in there to keep threading it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's an aftermarket sensor, then it may not have the same resistance values. I tried a few different aftermarket units and they all had different values but a OEM unit from the junkyard was the only one that worked correctly. I had one at 100* and another at 230* the same day.

You can check the resistance will some hot water on the stove, a thermometer, and a multimeter.

Back