• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sand hollow, winter 4x4 jamboree 2015

garrett83

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to share some pictures from our trip to sand hollow last weekend. We attended the winter 4x4 jamboree, previously known as winter on the rocks.

The event was pretty well organized. There were close to 400 vehicles, that ranged from stock jeeps and pickup trucks, to full blown buggies and race jeeps. There were about a dozen different runs to choose from. Most runs had around 20-30 vehicles, with the harder trails having around 10.

We had two days, Friday and Saturday, of organized runs. With a dinner and raffle on Saturday night. Dinner was catered by a local BBQ place and was pretty good. The raffle had about 40 items, ranging from LED light pods and bars, to tires, winches, seats and other aftermarket parts. I was able to walk away with an aluminum fair lead.

Pics to follow

I should have paid attention that you were going to be out there to have tried to meet up. What trails did you run besides Nasty Half?

I will echo what you said, it was a good event at a cool location. Sand Hollow has something for everyone; sand dunes, Moab like wheeling, the lake and trails that range from mild to wild.

Were you guys there?! I saw a jeep on Saturday, mid day, at the staging area, that looked like your brothers jeep...

We did Nasty half on Friday, and TNT on Saturday. We did a trail just passed TNT but no one in our group knew what it was called. We then went to chain reaction, and I broke a front warn hub at the gatekeeper, the same spot that the yellow Sami is flipped on in the above picture.

We spent a couple hours on Saturday cruising around the area, having fun in the dunes.

Yeah Spencer, my dad and I all went. You probably did see his jeep, was it on the trailer? The fuel pump died Saturday morning and we decided not to change it since he had just filled the tank that morning.

Sounds like you had a good trip. We ran Plan B, Milts Mile, The Maze, Double Sammy, Part of Nasty Half, and Plan B again. The plan was to try chain reaction after the second run on Plan B but we were thinking that was a bit optimistic. Sorry to hear about the breakage, but it sounds like you got to run some of the fun trails. There is a lot to offer out there, the hard part is trying to find the trails. Someone could make a pretty penny if they made a legit map of the trails in the area.

Oh man, I'm bummed we missed you guys. I did see your brothers jeep on the trailer. I hope it didn't break down on the trail.

You guys got to run quite a few trails! You really made the best use of your time.

From what I understand, the locals are refraining from putting together maps and labeled trails to keep it from turning into a designated route area. Right now, if you want to cut a new trail, you can. There are no restrictions and you can drive where you want.

I love the "goat" in the background... lol

17D4D739-673B-474E-842D-98990BD95A72_1.jpg

Looks like a great time!

Back