• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some pics from my last off-road adventure

kd5dwy

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ is stock as far as drivetrain is concerned. It's incredible what these things will do "out of the box"! Click on the thumbnail to get the full-size pic:

Yours came in a box?:confused:

After this trip, I changed all fluids except tranny and power steering. My power steering gear now needs rebuilt, so the power steering will be changed as well. I also greased *everything* underneath as well as pulling the wheels and inspecting for leaks and other gremlins. I did manage to break the passenger-side front axle seal loose as well, so I'll be swapping that out as well.

I also drained a bit of tranny fluid for inspection - looked brand new (it practically was with less than 500 miles on it).

This gets me to thinking that it would be handy to have a pre/post trail inspection/maintenance routine that is documented somewhere to refer to.

Back