• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to get headlight bezel and turn signal screws?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
In the process of putting a newer engine in my 92 xj, I found out i misplaced some screws for the headlight bezel and turn signal markers. where can I order these screws from or are they a common size I can pick up from a hardware store? thanks!! Ben

they tap into holes in the header pannel, which is plastic/fiberglass. I have always just found something that fits and used that.

they sell them in little packs at advance auto, my problem is that somehow the holes were wallowed out on mine so the new screws just fell back out

go to lowes and in the hardware section they have little baggies with screws in them. I got the stainless ones for like 1.50 for 4 or something like that. they also have the new groments that the screws go into.

Any stainless screw that will fit.

any one know what size and length? I really don't want to buy a bunch of screws that are the wrong size and not get the size i really need.

If you use over sized screws it's possible you will crack the plastic threaded tab (or whatever it's called). Screws too long can do the same thing.
They appear to be MM screws with an odd pitch. Measure the depth of the hole with a toothpick.
I've found matching screws made for speaker covers.
Messed up threads can be repaired with epoxy glue, pack the hole and oil the screw. Twist it out a turn just before the glue sets up really hard. Tighten gently.
Greasing the screws before every installation helps avoid many problems.
An old speaker magnet stuck to the bumper is a handy place to put them when working on the bezel or grill. I keep a selection of magnets, they do come in handy.

Back