• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

half doors/ trail doors

Comanche

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone made half doors or square tubing trail doors? If so do you have plans or pictures?
Thanks

Rev Den:
How are you latching those doors shut? Looks like a nice design.

could some of you guys repost some of the pics of youre half doors, seems some of the links are dated, I want to make some for my comanche.

I started building a set this evening. I'm not finished but you get the idea. I'm just kinda winging it as I go. I've got a pretty cool idea for the vertical cut at the front of the door, might be a real stupid idea, just have to see how it goes.
47b5da29b3127cce915a7c93970100000026109AYuXLdy2ao

47b5da29b3127cce915a7eb7161400000036139AYuXLdy2ao

47b5da29b3127cce915a7d66565c00000016109AYuXLdy2ao

xjparts002.jpg
i have these in the for sale forum.

hacked xj: that is almost exactly what i want to do.. dI was think I could even get a piece of canvas made and put snaps like a soft truck bed cover (or a boat cover) to go straight across.. and even have a clear plastic zip in for the top.. to get you home if it rains. Or if the trails reall muddy just snap snap. in they go .

how close on the high part are you below the stock handle? you should get the solonoid door popers..... VOLA ganster half doors.. and get a pair of marine grade speakers for the doors... o crap i just gave everyone my top secrete door ideas... ahhh

haha

keith h

Silverstreak01 said:
hacked xj: that is almost exactly what i want to do.. dI was think I could even get a piece of canvas made and put snaps like a soft truck bed cover (or a boat cover) to go straight across.. and even have a clear plastic zip in for the top.. to get you home if it rains. Or if the trails reall muddy just snap snap. in they go .

how close on the high part are you below the stock handle? you should get the solonoid door popers..... VOLA ganster half doors.. and get a pair of marine grade speakers for the doors... o crap i just gave everyone my top secrete door ideas... ahhh

haha

keith h

Don't forget the cup holder!
Billy

hackedxj said:
I started building a set this evening. I'm not finished but you get the idea. I'm just kinda winging it as I go. I've got a pretty cool idea for the vertical cut at the front of the door, might be a real stupid idea, just have to see how it goes.

Just out of curiousity, about how much do those doors weigh (a piece)?
Billy

Last edited:
JeepFreak21 said:
Just out of curiousity, about how much do those doors weigh (a piece)?
Billy
I was also curious about that so I threw it on the scales today and got 24.5 pounds. I guess that's pretty light compared to a whole door which is stupid heavy. I'll be adding TJ mirrors and just a few small pieces of metal, probably end up around 30 pounds. Oh yea, drink holders too!

Here's mine:

standard.jpg

hackedxj said:
I was also curious about that so I threw it on the scales today and got 24.5 pounds. I guess that's pretty light compared to a whole door which is stupid heavy. I'll be adding TJ mirrors and just a few small pieces of metal, probably end up around 30 pounds. Oh yea, drink holders too!

That's gotta be about 20 lbs lighter than a whole door, I would think.
Billy

Back