• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks w/BPEs, conv & raised axle mounts

stoneattic

NAXJA Forum User
Here's my setup, or soon to be when I get everything on:

I'm at 3.5".
I picked up the JKS BPEs for the lower front and upper rear shock mounts. http://www.jksmfg.com/bar_pin_eliminators.htm

I also picked up the JKS upper front shock conversion that eliminates the stud mount. http://www.jksmfg.com/bar_pin_eliminators.htm

I've also raised the lower rear shock mounts to be even with the bottom of the axle tube.

So which length shocks do I go with?
Any one else running a similar set up?
Comments, suggestions, flames, etc?

TIA!

Once you get the rear axle mount welded in place, go find a ramp or place where you can completly flex the suspension until a tire is off the ground and sitting on the bumpstops. Then measure from the center the lower bolt and the upper BPE (rear) and lower BPE to the upper bolt (front). Do this for all 4 corners This will tell you the extended and compressed lenght of shock you will need.

AARON

Thanks, but that's what I'm trying to avoid :)

It's a daily driver and when I put the new rear in I what all the pieces ready to go. I was hoping someone has a simliar set up and could recommend lengths, brand, etc.....

stoneattic said:
Thanks, but that's what I'm trying to avoid :)

It's a daily driver and when I put the new rear in I what all the pieces ready to go. I was hoping someone has a simliar set up and could recommend lengths, brand, etc.....

Every setup is different, your included. Since it is a DD, go the extra mile to do it right the first time instead of getting it "close enough." Think reliability when doing mods to a DD and shocks/suspension is no execption.

AARON

Well, you will have some fun. I ended up not using the rear shock conversion nor front as I wanted to get all the uptravel and extension I could squeeze in. As someone suggested, take the shocks off, find a ramp or a loading dock and flex it up and measure things out.

I run the same set up on mine at 6.5". your going to need shocks that are in the 22.5"-23.5" Range. When you go with the upper shock conversion, your shocks are shorter 1". Don't know what kind of shocks your looking into but Doetsch Tech are nice shocks, if you call them and give them the length from the mounts they will tell you what you need based off the measurement. Or at least use them for the measurement can get something else. Just a thought. Juice

Back