• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you live in Illinois when.......

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March, you
might live in Illinois.

If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the
year, you might live in Illinois.

If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his
forehead, you might live in Illinois.

If you have ever worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might
live in Illinois.

If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live
in Illinois.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE Illinoisan WHEN:
1. Vacation means going north or south on I-55 for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from heat to AC in the same day and back again.
5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging
blizzard, without flinching.
6. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how
to use them.
7. You design your kids Halloween costume to fit over a snow suit.
8. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled
with snow.
9. You know all 5 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, road
construction, and It's Hot.
10. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to
your blue spruce.
11. Down south means Missouri, to you.
12. A brat is something you eat.
13. You go out to a tailgate party every Friday.
14. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
15. You find 0 degrees a "little chilly".

There's only one problem with that. Illinois doesn't have winter, it just has a chilly snap occasionally. And IL drivers have NO clue about driving in snow.

I kinda thought he was refering to Wisconsin or Minnesota, especially the part about the number of bars and churches. Them Lutherans love their God and love their beer don't cha know.

You know you live in Illinois when.......

No matter WHAT the people in Seattle warned you about Lou Pinella, you STILL think he's gonna take the Cubs to the series....

EmotionsWorld%20-%20MSN7.0Super%20(35).gif

Bradlybob said:
I kinda thought he was refering to Wisconsin or Minnesota, especially the part about the number of bars and churches. Them Lutherans love their God and love their beer don't cha know.
Was the original post edited, or are you just interjecting? B.T.W., my wife is from Kenosha (originally from Viroqua and 95% Norwegian), so I know all aboot Lutherans and beer. And the Gawddam Packers.

You wuz in the Mini-Apple last week? and didn't call? Loser. :D

I was castigating IL drivers, not defending MN drivers. One thing that's driving me out of my mind are left lane squatters. MOVE OVER, YA IDJITS!

Sorry bro...no time. I will be there again Wednesday, but working 2-4AM kinda takes the fun outta meet and greets.

BTW - IL drivers are by far the worst in the country.....but MN comes in a close second. :D

Rev

Heh.... there's a possibility that I'm going to be doing some hardware shuffling some night next week. Should have done it this week, but other hardware issues took priority.

I still need to make a HUGE bumper for my CTD.

Rev Den said:
BTW - IL drivers are by far the worst in the country.....but MN comes in a close second. :D

Rev

Ya, think.... Come with me next couple of weeks, and we'll change that attitude. SoCal jag-offs will make you yearn for the Ryan at rush.

w_howey said:
Ya, think.... Come with me next couple of weeks, and we'll change that attitude. SoCal jag-offs will make you yearn for the Ryan at rush.

They seem to be better near the city.....but when they get out into the open....

90/94/39 from the Dells to Rockford......scary

Fargo to Minneaplois....Real scary

Add sun, snow, or Friday......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Rev

Rev Den said:

Rev

Ever driven the 405, I-5, or 57 on a Southern California Friday afternoon? Your opinion will quickly change.

Rev Den said:
They seem to be better near the city.....but when they get out into the open....

90/94/39 from the Dells to Rockford......scary

Fargo to Minneaplois....Real scary

Add sun, snow, or Friday......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Rev
Most drivers down here are great:confused1 . As long as they don't leave the driveway. JIM.

Rev Den said:

Rev

I disagree highly. Californians are the worst I have every experienced...they are unpredictable. Atleast those who have driven in Chicago, you expect someone to take that 4 feet of available space in front of you. And half the time, they do use their blinker.

Rev Den said:
IL drivers are by far the worst in the country.....
HA, You have never been to Atlanta!

"You want to merge!?
I'll merge with you, come on!!"

They REGULARLY wave guns out the window,
A turn signal is something you turn on when you triple park your car.
And bumber cars are uesd for drivers training.

Back