• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Friday afternoon Mark and I went to Express to get some parts for his car. I had found a few weeks before that there was an 1999 Explorer with an axle code 42. That is an 8.8 with 4.10 gears and an open differential. I figured it was long gone but it was still there so we grabbed it. I got home that night and was so sore and cramping.

On Saturday I felt pretty good so I went to work on the 1998 Grand Cherokee. I had planned to install the new Bilstein shocks, rotate the tires and change the oil. After raising the Jeep on the lift we found a broken 1.75" coil spacer on the drivers side rear. Luckily I had a set of used ones in a box so I installed one of them. We got the shocks on the rear and then moved to the front.

As I was tightening the lower mounting bolts I noticed how thin the pads were which led to further inspection of the rotors. They had tiny heat cracks in both rotors. I went to my inventory and installed two new rotors and a set of fresh pads.

Then I changed the oil with a fresh 51085 Wix and some 10W30 Cenex PCMO oil. While on the topside I attached the upper mounts for the shocks, which is a bugger on the drivers side due to all the ABS junk mounted over the top of the shock stud. But I got it done.

I dropped a lot of tools and my father-in-law Larry helped me a lot. We worked on the Grand for 7 hours. I went inside, cleaned up and proceeded to cramp up in my shoulders, sides and legs. Like it hurt so bad, all I could do it laugh. My wife and kids thought I was going nuts. I drank a lot of water and that seemed to help. I couldn't hardly walk Saturday night but I was better Sunday. I loafed around the house all day Sunday.

Very productive weekend. The Grand drives really nice with the new shocks.

I want that 2 door bad! But broke..... wedding present?
How about a picture of it?

You don't want it. It's a piece of junk. Rusty. It needs to die.

Parts are for sail.
6865a29c57d9fbde62d1f84084791d76.jpg
982ce26e0d8c41e534a397d60630a18b.jpg
bb9f97ba9d3ed6ecc0e2cbea89f558f8.jpg
9bb761fed46c03fcb1373a07141252cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Where is it rusty? I actually want a 2 door 5 speed worse...... 97 up too.....

Sad day.......Mabel ate my MWC camo hat I bought at WinterFest. I guess when I got out of the truck in the dark, I accidentally drug my hat and flannel coat out and didn't know it.

I got a little work done on the XJ. Dropped the fuel tank and cut out the rust and cleaned up the area to prep for welding. Now I just need to fab the patch and burn it in.

https://postimg.org/image/e4qqevso9/

OK, working out bugs to get a dadgum pic up.

Looks good Brian.

Picked up a new alternator and battery for the XJ today. Need to install this week so I can put the truck back in the garage.

I took today off and while my kids were in pre school, I fabbed up the patch. I don't think it turned out too bad. Now it's time to clean the area up a bit and then burn it in.

patch.jpg

Yep. The alternator went bad...and when I was taking the battery out it slipped from my hands and cracked on the driveway. I had a second battery that was dead, so I took it to get tested and the cart I was carrying it on hit a rock and tipped since it was top heavy. Broke that battery open also.

Back