• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bump stops inside coil spring

Bzamora

NAXJA Forum User
When doing the brakes this weekend I happened to notice that the bump stops that fit in the bottom of the welded-on tube inside the coil spring are shot. One fell out and the other one is just a lump of rotted rubber. Where I can I get new ones? And how do they attach? I tried to reattach the one that fell out but I don't see how it stays in.

My stock bump stops are threaded in. Just take a big pair of channel locks or a pipe wrench and unscrew them. My jeep is an 89 though.

You can get new ones anywhere on the internet. Part stores probably have them or can order them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just push in and stay , I got my new ones from ebay , you can get them in different lengths if you are lifted .

Well that explains it. Mine won't stay because it is hard as a rock. I checked the local auto parts store but they didn't list them so I'll have to look online. Thanks.

I got some, don't need them, you in Washington?

Thanks Paul, but they're so dirt cheap on Quadratech I think I'll just pick up a couple when I order some other stuff.

Back