• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Valve Body kits??

00XJmike

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know where to get a valvebody kit for the AW4(A340)?? gasket kit, shift kit, rebuild kit, whatever. I have found a couple places that carry a complete transmission kit with valve body included, but nobody w/ just a kit for the valve body. I've also seen a few places that carry rebuilt/modified valve body units.

http://www.phoenixhardparts.com/.

I'm really not to worried about shifting(it shifts fine already), I just have my valve body apart and need to put it back together. I've called transgo and transtar and am being told that no one makes a valve body kit for aw4 but that you have to buy an entire transmission gasket kit (for around$70) to get the two gaskets for the valve body.

I'll take either- shift kit would be preferred, or just a factory replacement gasket kit with or without springs.

Ran into the same problem. The dealer told me the gasket was discontinued.:firedevil Ended up reusing the old, luckily it's still working.

Slo-Sho said:
If you run a stiffer spring on the shift accumulators you will get nice firm, tire chirping shifts.

Where would one go to get a stiffer spring for a aw4? I was looking around and I cannot find one anywhere....
Thanks

sorry for the hijack:wave:

Back