• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone w/ a '00-01 and a Screamin Demon coil?

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I'm just worried about the resistance.......

I hate being the "test pilot"! One option I'm looking at is the Holley MSD unit as the power for the coils is from the MSD, the PCM only provides the trigger.

The other option is to try it with another new PCM(which I have), my existing PCM is a custom tuned one so I want to damage it.

I should add that I've already been thru one PCM due to wire harness meltdown and do not want to go thru that again. It was a major PITA to repair the harness.

I just ordered the coil so I'll deal with it when it gets here. I've also been looking at space, the only place for a MSD would above the purge valve against the fire wall on the pass side.

Been working all day to find a "wide-gap" plug (.055-.065"). best I can find is a .044" and spoke on the phone with the techs at NGK said you can only stretch their gap about .008".

Took it a step further and ordered a MSD, so the game is on!

The thread is started over on the performance forum but I will start receiving stuff tomorrow!

Back