• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FB activity

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Thinking about switching the (unofficial) FB group to private. Downside to being a public group is everybody sees what you post (notified in some cases), which limits participation a bit. The group was created as public so that events could be shared, but if the events are created on the official feed page, they can be shared from there instead so no loss in functionality.

Also thinking about linking the (official) page and the (unofficial) group, in an effort to increase participation.

Not in a hurry on either. Interested to hear any comments

I think it's a great idea.

I never liked that the official and unofficial pages were completely separate .... it's confusing. I don't know how linking works, but if you do, go for it.

I'm OK with making it private too, but someone will have to stay on top of join requests.

Did not even realize there was two pages.....With making it private when you share and event to another group, if someone from that other group wants to see or join the event they would have to join the "group" would they not? I realize there is some poeple that are wanted to be kept out, but in general it seems like NAXJA is kinda hurting and in need of as many as possible. Also this is totally my two cents with just coming back after 5years out of it but man has this place dropped off in traffic! Has there been any talks of how to boost it back up? Instagram, people like jeep pictures/build and everyone should have plenty as this point. FB could use more traffic and much better updating time wise, More rides (with any vehicles) to gather people? Obviously the majority is going to be JK owerns at this point but that is just something thats going to have to be adapted to in some fashon....again just my 2 cents from someone who hasnt been here in awhile

We have opened up new forum areas for the other Jeep "sub-species", but they're not getting a whole lot of traffic just yet (probably due to competing with already-established places on the 'Net for those).

But yeah, it has quieted down some the past couple years. Glad you came back, though!

With making it private when you share and event to another group, if someone from that other group wants to see or join the event they would have to join the "group" would they not?
Events on the group page would be private (assuming the group was switched to private) but events on the official page will still be visible to everyone since its a public feed. Another way to describe it, official "sanctioned" events on the public page would be public and shareable but events that were made for the unofficial group would be private to the group.

just coming back after 5years out of it but man has this place dropped off in traffic! Has there been any talks of how to boost it back up? Instagram, people like jeep pictures/build and everyone should have plenty as this point. FB could use more traffic and much better updating time wise, More rides (with any vehicles) to gather people? Obviously the majority is going to be JK owerns at this point but that is just something thats going to have to be adapted to in some fashon....again just my 2 cents from someone who hasnt been here in awhile
NAXJA is in decline for a few reasons--the last XJ was manufactured 17 years ago so obviously the market is shrinking, a lot of people running them now are kids (hand-me-down or cheap POS first car) who don't spend a lot of money, forums are dropping due to social media, etc. At this point its about embracing the decline, and trying to stay relevant for a smaller group.

Speaking for myself I would like NAXJA to be a club that maintains presence wherever possible and not tied to the forums in particular (we are an XJ club not an XJ forum, its an important distinction). Instagram, youtube, all that stuff should be used. I keep saying we should do a wiki, we have enough institutional knowledge to pull it off, and it would be a huge draw over the long-term. But the potential pool of club members is going to keep shrinking regardless, only way out of that hole is expand the vehicle coverage, which is also being tried.

All the forums seem to be in decline. Im not on any social media, I only get my fix on the forums. After I get my junk together id like to get to wheel with you guys

i'm not on fb, would my wife who belongs to the group still see what's happing ? she's my social sectary when I comes to jeeps an willys. lol I belong to some willys groups, and those have been last made much longer then the xj. i'll ask how they are doing on forums vs fb. my local fatty group does e-mail blast once a month or more. they seem to be an older crowd and not very social media inclined I would guess ?

Just my 2 cents....
1) We do have an Instagram page #Naxja Nac
2) I do think we should have 1 private Facebook page but have the events shareable. But like anything else, it needs to be monitored and regularly promoted by consistent posts and info from admins. I know that's alot of work but lack of activity equals lack of interest.
3) Sadly the forum does seem to be going away. The site isn't the most user friendly and doesn't have the best eye appeal. We live in a very visual society but putting up pictures on the site are not the easiest.
So whats the answer? More Volunteers? Spread the word. A local club near us will leave cards on a Jeeps windshield with club info on it. "Hey nice Jeep, visit our site / page"

(I see someone got rid of the spambot post)

I seem to recall there being NAXJA business cards available somewhere on the site here for folks to download/print for that sort of thing, or at least there used to be.

(I see someone got rid of the spambot post)

I seem to recall there being NAXJA business cards available somewhere on the site here for folks to download/print for that sort of thing, or at least there used to be.

A couple of business cards typically come with your membership packet. It's possible, though, to distribute additional ones on request. Not sure of effort involved, or cost to do so, but it wouldn't be impossible.

David Bricker / SYR

Yes, but I though we had a PDF stashed somewhere that folks could download and print onto cardstock themselves (seem to remember it being a simpler design, at the time).

Yes, but I though we had a PDF stashed somewhere that folks could download and print onto cardstock themselves (seem to remember it being a simpler design, at the time).

Rob, believe that was back during Glenn's time as webmaster.. it was some time ago. Mac may have the file somewhere?

Glad to hear I'm not just imagining that, John. Thanks for confirming.

Back