• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drive shaft CV HELP!!! pics

dgrigorenko

NAXJA Forum User
so my CV joint on my rear drive shaft is shot... completely destroyed, is there any possibility of it getting rebuilt or something? i picked up a random cv that was cut off and ditched at the pickand pull... so i have a spare ball and entire cv unit. oooor do i need to just get a new DS.

if you have a six states or something like it in your area have them just rebuild that end. you can't do it your self because there are some special tools you need.

what is this "six states" that you speak of...

dgrigorenko said:
what is this "six states" that you speak of...

that's what i was afraid you were going to say. you must not have them in your area. they are just a drivetrain shop. they sell alot of over the road trucking stuff too.

if you can just find a drivetrain shop, they can rebuild or replace just that end. then you don't have to buy the whole shaft.

Look at the header at the top of the page--Tom Woods is the man for driveshafts.He supports us,we should do the same for him.
Wayne

I see you are from ohio... try driveline one or columbus joint and clutch they both can help you out drive line one is on the south end of columbus and columbus joint and clutch is on the west side of columbus

yeah i looked up a place in dayton. thanks for the input guys! and no its the rear. i dont know who made it. i bought the jeep with it on there. if its cheaper than a TW one then i will do it. otherwise i'll just get a new one. thanks again!

Dale

Back