• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best times

N20Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
i just want to find out everyones times are who has drag raced there XJ (motor has to be the 4.0 or the any stroker based off the 4.0 block...anything else goes) and also post your mods if you wouldnt mind
(edit any jeep will be ok...doesnt have to be XJ...... 1/8 or 1/4)

1990 XJ 4.0 5spd 2wd
Custom intake/exhaust(open from header back)
Moderate weight reduction
3.55 gears
dry nitrous system

best: 13.8 @ 103.7 mph

Last edited:
'98 TJ Sahara 5 speed (w/3.07's :-( )

K&N FIPK
62mm Throttle Body w/matching spacer
Intake & exhuast runners smoothed up in the head
Milled head .030 ( 9.5:1 ?)
Crane 753905 cam w/MOPAR springs
Borla Header
Mandrel bent down pipe to the cat
High flow cat
Dynomax cat-back
MAP adjuster
Adjustable CPS
B&M shifter
10-15 dyno pulls/tuning

Fully loaded with sub's, spare, and back seat
Best: 9.86 @ 69 mph 1/8

Yeah, I've been curious what mine runs so I borrowed my friend's Gtech and it said 15.6xx in the quarter mile and 0-60 in 6.8 sec. I'm not sure how accurate those things are though. Thats a '95 Country 4.0l/aw4 auto 4wd, with 106k miles with no weight reductions and a Flowmaster 50 series deltaflow, magnaflow highflow cat, borla header and down pipe, 2.5" pipe, k&n fipk, 62 mm throttle body, tb spacer, 24# injectors, i always forget something. :puzzled:

Btw, the 4wds weigh about 200#s more, I dont have the upcountry package or skids, but I do have an Auburn HP ls and 235/75 Dueler A/T Revos. I test drove a lot of XJs before I bought mine a few years back and for some reason it felt a little quicker than all the others I drove. I think I got lucky and got a "factory freak". Some of the engines that come off the line have a little more power than others.

Atl XJ said:
I think I got lucky and got a "factory freak". Some of the engines that come off the line have a little more power than others.

XJ's have a lot of weight differences with different options, and I think that has more to do with it. I've heard that stock 4.0L's seem to all dyno about the same, with 190-193hp, and 238-242lb-ft peak at the flywheel. You're right though, alot of other engines come out of the factory with power advantages.

about a year back i ran my 87 Laredo 4x4 with full interior + some crap that my friends unloaded on me, about 1/2 tank of gas, and about 500ft above sea level. here is my best time with 185k miles: (BTW, this wasn't a real drag race, it was one of those simulated street racing ones where the light just turns green randomly)

60' - 2.447
1/8 - 10.907
1/4 - 17.145
MPH - 77.16

Back