• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1/4 Elip

CW

NAXJA Forum User
All right, the more I research, the more appealing 1/4 elip looks. Is it possible to have a 1/4 elip with good road manners? What kind of springs are people using for xj's and what would work well as far as ride height controll?

Last edited:
yes.

there is no reason why you couldn't design a 1/4 elip that behaves exactly like you want it to.

mine rides pretty darn nice.

there are hundreds of ways you could design in ride height control.

I think airbags are a good trick.

if this is a dual purpose jeep, make sure you leave room in your design for a swaybar.

Why did you choose a 4-link 1/4 Elip. over a 4-link coil/coil-over design? I've been reading on PBB for days trying to understand four-links, and I'm getting there...but all the discussion I've read so far has been over coil-overs... anyway, I was just wondering what the advantage to a 1/4 elip. is? Why don't 1/4 elip drive well on the road (typically, anyway - or is that just my misunderstanding?)

LOL thats a good reason.

It is cheaply/easily tuneable too.

My dream Muggy thing will more than likely use 1/4 ell.

Beez's answer is mostly my answer too. I had about 20 pairs of individual leaves laying around. I didn't have any 16" travel King coil-overs laying around.:D

Another reason for me was the relative simplicity of doing an adjustable ride height with the quarter elips. Doing adjustable ride height with coils gets tricky.

Back